CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

checked my compression

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 02:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: checked my compression

Oh, he's GOT to be a dumbass. Per carb my ***, lol. Still not a BAD price, I would do it in a minute if I couldn't have gotten access to a sync tool like I did. I think I saw that you had access to one somewhere, if not, you might want to send out a post asking if anyone can help you in the confort of your own garage. In exchange for some beers, lunch, that "special" night, etc. <shrug>

p.s. my full time job is pimp, so please don't take this post the wrong way.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:46 PM

lol everything on this forum is always taken the wrong way. i have access to a carb sync gauge set. if not maybe a nice blond somewhere would bring one over. if not for the tools at least for the view. so i did another compression test with the throttle wide open and im at 188 on every cylinder. that is more like it. now i need to sync up the carbs but in my disturbed run of not having cleaned them right i took them off again. now ill make sure to clean everything thr right way. i have to go out and get a new air compressor since mine died. paying for it to be done looks more and more promising.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:52 PM

Hmm... my air compressor works fine! You can use it if you need. Make sure to check your float adjustments on the 2 cyls with unburned fuel.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:56 PM

all the floats are in perfect shape. none have holes or any gas in them. i just went out and got a new compressor today. gotta love harbor freight. $60 for a new compressor. once i get some time off i am going to tear it down and clean everything right. i just noticed today that the lines coming into the carbs all have dirty gas in them. im going to have to clean all those out too. the little filter looking things in that mess of lines, what are they?

Old 11-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If they are fuel lines they are probably fuel filters... no?[&:]

Old 11-29-2008, 09:52 AM

The spec's is 183 to 191lbs ofcompression.Yes you have lost some comp but not detremental ,cylinders are within 20% on each other.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:07 PM

alright carbs are totally cleaned out. i still haven't gotten the jet kit that i had to reorder since they sent me the wrong one. i put everything back together and started her up. got the carbs synced for now. ill have to start all over when the new jet kit comes in. im still getting a lot of back firing. i also noticed that my throttle is sticking more now and when i let off the throttle it takes forever for the RPM's to drop. i am really starting to think that after i get the new jets in and sync it up again i am going to have to take it in for a full check up and just bite the bullet with the cost. when i took all the fuel lines out i noticed there was dirt in them from the outlet side of the fuel pump. i took it all out, cleaned everything really good and put it back together. when i take it apart again to do the jets ill see if i got it all.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:07 PM

oh i also checked compression one more time before i put it all back together and i am at 188 on all 4 cylinders

Old 12-09-2008, 04:17 PM

now after everything is installed its running great but now it sounds funny. like a knocking in a cylinder. i think i might still have a cylinder not firing right

Old 08-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Default misfire

G,day mate,
Just wondering if you have thought of a faulty coil. If it is playing up on two cylinders it is a possibility. Swap the coils over and see if the other two cylinders play up, if so then that is your problem.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: checked my compression