CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

bike wont stay running

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike wont stay running

My bike died on me about a mile and a half from my house on monday. I have been having regulator issues lately so I decided to buy an 02 gsxr 600 regulator and installed it. Again about a mile and a half away it died. When I say died what I mean is I felt power loss in the throttle then it stalled. It will crank over but not fire up. I ended up killing my battery so I bought a new one. Now the bike will start the next day no problem. Also I have the accord fuel pump in it. You can hear the contacts clicking when it works and they are clicking very steady and dont stop until the bike is not running. It was never like that. Do I have a carb issue here? Maybe a stuck float? Or perhaps I have a fuel pump issue? The pump is working its just pushing a higher rate because it doesnt stop pumping. Thanks!

Old 05-02-2014, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by dad0507
My bike died on me about a mile and a half from my house on monday. I have been having regulator issues lately so I decided to buy an 02 gsxr 600 regulator and installed it. Again about a mile and a half away it died. When I say died what I mean is I felt power loss in the throttle then it stalled. It will crank over but not fire up. I ended up killing my battery so I bought a new one. Now the bike will start the next day no problem. Also I have the accord fuel pump in it. You can hear the contacts clicking when it works and they are clicking very steady and dont stop until the bike is not running. It was never like that. Do I have a carb issue here? Maybe a stuck float? Or perhaps I have a fuel pump issue? The pump is working its just pushing a higher rate because it doesnt stop pumping. Thanks!
Physically check the pump, how i used to check mine was simply unplugging the hose coming from the tank (on the tank side) and the one on the t going to the carbs, when mine failed it would click but would not simply pump gas.

If your does then you probably had a pinched line, because the pump wasn't getting gas, the pump is supposed to turn off it self when the bowls get full, so if it doesn't stop pumping then you have 2 options, faulty or not pulling gas.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:50 PM

It looks like it was a pinched line. I have not had a chance to ride today since it was raining after work. But I did look at the pump and took off the gas tank. Inspected everything and reassembled. Started it up in my garage and let run for about 10 min. No problems- the pump acted normal with no extra clicking.