CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Where do i start...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Project96
Sound like you fouled a plug or two. Start the bike & let it run for a bit to warm up. Once warm take a spray bottle & spray it on the header pipes. If all of them boil the water right off then prolly not. If so remove the plugs & unglug the coils so there is no spark at all to ignite the vapors when cranking the engine to clear the cylinders. Replace the plugs & you should be good.

did this just a minute ago. the #1(far left) cylinder isnt boiling the water off.

now my question is how the hell i get a socket in there to get the plugs out. also is there a special socket to do that or what size do i use?

need to get it back into shape tonight because i have to ride to school tomorrow.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll need a 16mm deep socket and an extension bar.

Easiest method I've found is to drop the socket into the cylinder then attach the extension. Then you can spin it around till it bites on the plug, attach your wrench and get to it. Having a mirror to see in there helps as well.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:27 PM

ok. got all the plugs changed but the #1 cylinder still isnt getting hot. where do i go from here???

Old 02-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Use the [plug spanner in your tool kit. It works a treat. If you don't have one you'd better get worried in casr you break down at the roadside. It always pays you to use the tool kit on the bike once in a while. Makes sure you're prepared.

I don't buy the plug theory. A bike falling over doesn't foul plugs.
Drain your carbs and see if that helps. You may just have a sticking float that's flooding a cylinder.
Worst comes to worst, take the carbs off and remove the float chamber covers. Make sure the floats are not jammed, clean out the crap and try again. It's not that bad a task. If you don't damage the rubber seals you won't even need to replace them.
Good luck!

Old 02-07-2010, 08:59 PM

guess im gonna have to take it apart again then. gonna do some research on here tonight and break into the carbs tommorrow night.

thanks for the help yall

Old 02-07-2010, 09:45 PM

this exact thing is happening to me right now. my bike got knocked over and now has terrible power below 6k rpm, after that it pulls like a monster. a few other syptoms that are happening to me is an occasional backfire, mostly when its colder. it thought it could be the set of jets used for the lower rpms casuing troubles but if you find out what is wrong can you post it for us? thanks

Old 02-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Just think about the possibilities of what can happen if your bike falls over.
It takes a shock or sharp impact in an unusual direction, one that it wasn't really intended to experience. Sideways!
So what can this effect?
Electrical system- How? What? Buggered if I can think of anything
Carburetters- Floats knocked off their hinges, dirt inside the float chambers dislodged and sucked into the jets. Diaphram or vacuum piston damaged or jammed....

Unless you can visibly see that anything electrical has been smashed or broken you can pretty well ignore that side of things and divert your attention to the problems that could logically result from the fall.

Hope that helps guide your attentions. Don't be scared, get in there and you'll find the problem.
Blowing out the jets one by one would help narrow things down a bit more. Plenty of carb cleaner liberally sprayed through the bell mouths and jets will also work wonders.