CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Well Im dumb...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More then likely the click click click noise is coming from the CCT, F2's are very common for that, there probably are very few on this site that do not have a manual CCT. More description would be better.

Dont feel bad, nothing tops this. I went to start my bike after rebuilding it. I sat that for 45 minutes trying to start it, I would turn the key on, choke on, hit the start button and nothing!! WTF!! Finally I call my brother out, who has no idea about motorcycles by the way. I show him whats going on and how pissed I was that its not even cranking. He looks at me and says, " Keep pushing the horn button, it might start if you push it enough times.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kray923
Dont feel bad, nothing tops this. I went to start my bike after rebuilding it. I sat that for 45 minutes trying to start it, I would turn the key on, choke on, hit the start button and nothing!! WTF!! Finally I call my brother out, who has no idea about motorcycles by the way. I show him whats going on and how pissed I was that its not even cranking. He looks at me and says, " Keep pushing the horn button, it might start if you push it enough times.

Ok - that makes me feel better :-)

Old 07-23-2010, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by kray923
More then likely the click click click noise is coming from the CCT, F2's are very common for that, there probably are very few on this site that do not have a manual CCT. More description would be better.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Yeah, locating the noise is important. Get a stethoscope and get locating. There is a strong chance it's the CCT. Again, sloshing all that oil around will get it into weird places, the motor will be unhappy for some time while it eats through all that oil. It also may affect oil pressure, which on the OEM CCT's essentially makes it work as they are hydraulic.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:52 AM

Okay so some new updates guys. I started the bike and road it around for most of the day. While riding I am not noticing any problems. Something new I have come accross is with starting the bike.

When I cold started it it started up fine. After I rode for 10 minutes and stopped for about 5 minutes and tried to start again it would go. It started cranking slower and slower with every push. After a minute all I would hear is an electrical click and not even crank. I let it sit for 10 minutes and it was still turning over slow but I pulled the throttle and it ended up staying on.

I did drop it on the side with stator and it hit the metal plate yesterday. Do you guys think the stator is messed up?

EDIT: I forgot to add....The brakes seem weaker now. When I rode before It seemed like I was always close to locking it up and doing a 'stoppie'. Now it feeels like a normal bikes brake. Idk maybe the brake fluid got messed up.

Last edited by ljastangs21; 07-24-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:33 AM

Your starter is on the left side right there, it's possible it got mucked up.

As for the brakes not being as strong, that's odd...

Old 07-24-2010, 12:35 PM

Well, I'd remove the seat, take a volt meter, test the voltage on the bike not running, Running at idle, and then again at around 5k rpm.

If the voltage doesnt go up, or goes too far up, stator or r/r is bad.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseAwesome
Your starter is on the left side right there, it's possible it got mucked up.

As for the brakes not being as strong, that's odd...
Unless he sloshed out some fluid from the reservoir while the bike was on it's side - there is a small weep hole built into the cover, and if fluid gets past the diaphragm, I could see losing a little, or getting a little air in the system.

It's also possible you're just getting the brakes broken back in. If the bike set up a while before you just bought it - might want to check the front pads, make sure they have plenty of pad material left. Also wouldn't be terrible to bleed the whole system just so you know you have good fluid and no air bubbles in the lines.