CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Terrible pain from riding

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tundrafiend01
Wear a rubber the next time you visit the lady on the corner.

Glad to hear you got your issue figured out.
I go to the same lady, she is real good.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its the way ur riding because when i first started (which i am real NEW, just bought my bike a month ago) i started getting pains in my inner thigh and lower back and arms and what not... the inner thighs and legs is the way you position your legs on the tank and on the lower pegs believe it or not...

my friend gave me a book called "TOTAL CONTROL: High speed performance street riding techniques" and the way i changed my feet on the pegs is when the pain started to go away in my thighs... keep ur toes off the shifter and off the rear brake when your not using it and just relax em and point em down. just that alone ended the pain in my outer thighs and also clench the tank with your knees like get in close and just hold it like a daranged mother...

the back, i dont know how to get it to stop hurting but i just alternate sitting up and crotching in. At slow cruising speeds, i sit up... when i turn and open the throtle more, i crothh in...

Old 06-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it sorted out. I have discomfort as I'm sure most do from time to time and I just work to keep myself in a comfy spot and on longer rides I usually take a lot of re-adjustment in the nether region. That'a mostly just on long straightaways though, if I'm moving around the seat a lot I'm golden.

Anyhow, bummer about the infection but knowing is half the battle!

Last edited by chuckbear; 06-10-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015
I think its the way ur riding because when i first started (which i am real NEW, just bought my bike a month ago) i started getting pains in my inner thigh and lower back and arms and what not... the inner thighs and legs is the way you position your legs on the tank and on the lower pegs believe it or not...

my friend gave me a book called "TOTAL CONTROL: High speed performance street riding techniques" and the way i changed my feet on the pegs is when the pain started to go away in my thighs... keep ur toes off the shifter and off the rear brake when your not using it and just relax em and point em down. just that alone ended the pain in my outer thighs and also clench the tank with your knees like get in close and just hold it like a daranged mother...

the back, i dont know how to get it to stop hurting but i just alternate sitting up and crotching in. At slow cruising speeds, i sit up... when i turn and open the throtle more, i crothh in...
You should be riding with the ***** of your feet on the pegs, not just hanging down (You'll break your ankle if you ever try getting some real lean angle with your foot hanging below the peg)

Old 06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My pain seems to be in the palms of my hands. I try and hold myself up more with my legs, but after a long ride, it can feel like I was benching like 700lbs. Do I just need to toughin up? Or is there any other suggestions?