Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Terrible Day!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible Day!

I work for lindsay chevy in woodbridge va. Today I was working on a 2007 impala ss putting in a new transmission, and I figured eh what ever ill get it done today. But murphy's law kicked in today in the most extreme way. The car is still in the shop after 8 hours of labor for **** disapearing and random bull**** crap that happened, the right side axle seal was leaking like a siv, so needless to say i stayed 3 hours after closing to find this only because we generally close at 5. But in the process of R&R I had an open ended wrench and an adjustable wrench taking some nuts and bolts off the wrack and pinion from the sub-frame, when the open ended wrench slipped off and slid through my glove only to come down and hit me in the teeth and knock a big chip inbetween both my front teeth. Nice gap their now, it sucked so bad I feel I look so stupid but what ever their fixable. So jacked front teeth and a unfinished car and many other things that just held the day up only to not close the job out today and have to let a customer down wich really disapoints me because I believe so highly in proffesionalism and customer satisfaction.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is such a thing as being reasonable...things happen sometimes. You suffered an injury that anyone should be able to be *reasonable* & understand. BTW, sorry that happened to you. Hope you can get your teeth fixed asap.

Hang in there.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM

Not 100% sure if it was possible in your situation, but once I start noticing Im getting frustrated with something, and see a pattern of bad decisions/angry decisions, I make myself walk away for however long I need too. It works really well.. come back and hit it with a fresh mind and cool temper! Good luck man.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by donjuan23
Not 100% sure if it was possible in your situation, but once I start noticing Im getting frustrated with something, and see a pattern of bad decisions/angry decisions, I make myself walk away for however long I need too. It works really well.. come back and hit it with a fresh mind and cool temper! Good luck man.
couldn't agree more. there are sometimes when i'm so frustrated with things i'm working on - i need to walk away before i make some bad decisions. i go inside, grab something to drink, watch the news for a min or so, then i go back to working on it. most of the time, stepping away for a second lets your mind come up with another way to attack the problem.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:02 AM

Had a similar day at work today. first job this morning a regular service on a Ford Mondeo (Euro Ford) oil filter is a cartridge type with a screw down cap made of HDPE with a 27mm hex on the top.You guessed it the bl..dy hex breaks so I have to use a strap wrench to remove the cap about 10 degrees of movement each time because of its location ,finally got it off nearly an hour later and replaced with a new one (vehicle has only covered 40000km).
Next one was a van for service including gearbox oilchange,drain gearbox ok. Try to remove filler/level plug (torx 55 socket plug) guess what the gorilla who put it in last time must have used a pipe on his wrench bar,the bl..dy torx drive socket just tears out the inside of the socket, so now I have to remove the exhaust cat converter beside the plug so I weld a bolt onto the plug to get it out,The exhaust nuts are so rusty I have to use nut splitters on them to get them off,so we all have days we would rather forget.
I can see that this thread has long running potential

Last edited by gotcbr; 12-19-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:11 PM

well got my teeth fixed, but i have to come to realize that their are special people in the world like this guy who bought a 2011 camaro has 23k miles and changed he oil 3 times since hes had it. comes in now 6k miles past due for change and says he has a noise thats in the tranny. so i test drive find the noise and pull it in the shop, no oil on dip stick bout 2 quarts drains out, hes deprived the motor lol. but says he checked it yesterday and it had oil. ok pal, though warranty will cover the noise since hes decided to complain enough about it.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you were able to get your teeth fixed.

Yeah, auto owners are not hands-on w/ their vehicles like they once were.