CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Suspension Adjustments (91-93)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Adjustments (91-93)

Hello there everyone!

Tomorrow I will be attending a big motorcycle maintenace get together in Portland. We'll be doing a bunch of basic maintenance, and we'll also be adjusting suspension. I got the tool nescessary to adjust the rear suspension (god is it a funky tool...), and I'm looking forward to dialing in my bike. I have suspiscion it's way off, heh.

Anyways, I weigh in at 200+- lbs. We'll be adjusting the bike for sag, but aren't there pre-load and rebound settings both front and rear? I'm kinda clueless....

Here's the questions:

Any general settings I should look for given my weight?

What can I adjust, and what settings are standard? I ride fairly mellow being somewhat newer, although you might catch me charging some twisties here and there.

Any input would help. I don't have an owners manual, although I do have the full honda service book!

Thanks in advance,
Jesse

Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM

http://www.gostar-racing.com/informa...ion_set-up.htm

i found this website a little while ago. i haven't had time to adjust my suspension so i can't really vouch for it.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Semi useful... except what the **** is what on our bikes? I wish I had the OWNERS MANUAL and not the service manual. The service manual doesn't include basic ****, it's all fully documented descriptions of how to do the complex stuff and it skips basic things.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Banned

Nothing huh. Well this area is seriously lacking in information...

Well, I went down two whatever the ****s on the rear shock, and it's softer now. Rides much better. I feel lik I can actually tell what's going on under the rear shock, and it's much more comfortable on bumps. It felt before like it was just assaulting every bump before that and it was so harsh it felt numb.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:01 AM

Sorry I can't help too much here, my f2 has f3 suspension parts. I do know you have rebound adjustment front and rear, the rebound should be somewhere on the top of your shock and fork. I don't know where they are exactly. I do know that your front preload (for sag) is the flathead screw on the fork (clockwise is more preload). You want to aim for 30-35mm of sag up front. A good way to test is with zip ties. Make sure to test going up and down to account for seal drag. If these two measures vary by more than 5mm, your seals are screwed and you should replace them. Rebound is fairly easy to test out. The attached article does a good job explaining on how you should adjust them, but you need to make sure that your front and rear are similarly damped, or else you can pogo around. You can check this by pushing down on the bike (you'll need a helper or 2 for this) and making sure that the front and rear come up in the same amount of time. I've only adjusted compression for comfort, I don't trust myself to do it for speed.