CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Power Wheelies ---> Guessing not an option on an f2 :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daazndood
its the rider not the bike. any 600 in the last 2 decades has the power/weight ratio to power wheelie easily.
Affirmative

I was able to power wheelie with stock gearing and its very easy with the -1/+2 gearing. Actually easier when I returned to stock jetting because most people don't install jet kits correctly.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:08 AM

Well, since posting this I've purchased, riden, and still own two dirt bikes. I can power wheelie both of those with EASE. I still can't get the front end up on the F2. Only time I've managed to make it work is with a passenger, who was very displeased with my antics!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:36 AM

Try getting it up to around 9k and ripping the throttle, should run out of revs befor doing a backflip to lol.
Also i was playing with the compression settings the other day and made it a bit harder, and the wheel lifts alot easier. To soft and the bike just squats.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Yeah, it simply won't wheelie, I can't get it to go. I'm over it though, wheelie-ing my dirtbike is WAAAAYYY more fun, and I'd rather save the seals on my street bike!

Old 10-06-2010, 11:47 PM

Man its so easy on my bike, i read the first part of the thread when i said take it to 7k let off then get right back on well i dont even have to go that high up i can wheelie at at 4to 5k easy. you just have to slide back off the tank put your butt right where it starts to rise up for the passanger seat, oh it also help so you dont smash your nuts on the tank when you come down

Old 10-11-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by JesseAwesome
Yeah, it simply won't wheelie, I can't get it to go. I'm over it though, wheelie-ing my dirtbike is WAAAAYYY more fun, and I'd rather save the seals on my street bike!
How would you know its more fun? You have never done an f2 wheelie
Won't hurt the seals unless you come down hard, and they have to be done eventually. Did you read my other post about seals? lol

Old 10-12-2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by RedBaron
Won't hurt the seals unless you come down hard, and they have to be done eventually. Did you read my other post about seals? lol
Most people come down hard, and yeah, they need done eventually, like every 5-10 years, or every 6 months...

I don't really wheelie anymore for this reason as well. The track is way more fun than riding around on 1 wheel. :P

Old 10-12-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by RedBaron

Sorry, POWER ON WHEELIE, heh.

I can clutch it up. I still prefer my dirt bike

As for seals, I just rebuilt my forks and put a ton of work into them. You better believe I'm not doing anything more with them after all that nightmare!

Old 10-12-2010, 06:06 PM

Skipped most of this thread so sorry if this has already been covered but my F2 will wheelie just on the throttle, without any bouncing of the throttle, or use of the clutch, just a very small amount of weight transfer backwards (i.e. moved my **** backwards, less than 6 inches, probably less than 4, although I didn't stop to measure)

Old 10-13-2010, 12:00 PM

I have a 88 F1 600 with stock geering that can power up in 1st. So I'm willing to bet your f2 is not making the power that it should. It sounds like you have done wheelies before and should have a good enough idea how to do them.

David

Quick Reply: Power Wheelies ---> Guessing not an option on an f2 :)