CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Power Wheelies ---> Guessing not an option on an f2 :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jnicola
The popular consensus here though is that you people can power wheelie a CBR600F2 you personally own. I find it odd however that current owners of F2's (and one person on an F3) disagree.
I have an F3 and can power it up fine, though I rarely do.

I'm not sure where you're seeing all these people that cant... it seems that 2 people can't and pretty much everyone else can...

Would you say your bike runs well? Do you keep up on maintenance on it? Does it have any hesitation or running issues?

Old 12-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbear
I have an F3 and can power it up fine, though I rarely do.

I'm not sure where you're seeing all these people that cant... it seems that 2 people can't and pretty much everyone else can...

Would you say your bike runs well? Do you keep up on maintenance on it? Does it have any hesitation or running issues?

That was posted early on, when most the people who spoke up and owned a CBR were voting against powering up.

Road my bike today, although I took it easy since I've been off the bike for three weeks or so, and it's almsot freezing here and very well could have been freezing. Bike seemed fine power wise, although I didn't really get to go WOT anywhere since the situation just didn't allow for it. I couldn't really rally at all since I'm in the city.

Anyways, come the season I'll be out on some more wide open roads and I'll give it a go!

Old 12-29-2009, 09:06 AM

Anyways, come the season I'll be out on some more wide open roads and I'll give it a go!
GL dude.

I don't envy you guys with all that cold and winter weather up there...

Old 01-07-2010, 05:21 PM

g a r b a g e

Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Banned

So I've had a few less than ideal opportunities to try it. Slow up to 7k, wide open throttle from there to redline. Not even an inkling of lift on the front end. I'm scooted back all the way and off the seat an inkling. For being two teeth up in the rear I'm surprised it's not going up at all!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:35 PM

So I've had a few less than ideal opportunities to try it. Slow up to 7k, wide open throttle from there to redline. Not even an inkling of lift on the front end. I'm scooted back all the way and off the seat an inkling. For being two teeth up in the rear I'm surprised it's not going up at all!
I'm right with you dude. You gotta have good compression to have good power. My bike doesn't have it. I can rock it and do everything necessary for a power up and no go. My dirtbike needs a good rock and it will pull it up in 5th, but totally different animal there.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Banned

Oh well. I gave it my all. I'm guessing rebuilding the engine just may not be worth it either. The damn thing still rallies, significantly so over my ex-500. I like the feel of it as well.

I suppose at around 30k miles I should have expected this. It could also be the aftermarket exhaust and K+N filter. I highly doubt this bike was rejetted.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM

Oh well. I gave it my all. I'm guessing rebuilding the engine just may not be worth it either. The damn thing still rallies, significantly so over my ex-500. I like the feel of it as well.

I suppose at around 30k miles I should have expected this. It could also be the aftermarket exhaust and K+N filter. I highly doubt this bike was rejetted.
I'm sure my ride could use a rebuild and a carb re-jet, but it still runs pretty well. If it ain't broke dont fix it ?

Old 01-10-2010, 02:16 PM

I bought my f2 off of the origional owner who 12 oclocked it in first doin a power up and wrecked. my bike has factory gearing and a vance and hines pipe, no major power adders and has been jetted properly. My bike does only have 14,000 miles on it and it was an origional smokin joe racing model. I don't know how much of a diff. the sjr is but the mileage is a big factor and the proper jetting. Last season i could personally power into a wheelie in 2nd. 1st gear has alway broke loose on me but i do need a rear tire bad. 3rd can't get anything unless you clutch it then i only get a foot or two

Old 01-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Gotta be in the right power band for a lot of these bikes to power up on a wheelie. If your trying at 5k good luck.

These aren't going to be wheelie monsters compared to a 929 or 954 or a v twin motor since we don't make crazy torque numbers either.

Quick Reply: Power Wheelies ---> Guessing not an option on an f2 :)