CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

New Purchase CBR600 F2 PC25

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 06:35 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Looking for a really nice condition F2 PC25 seat in the UK and if possible 'with, the seat bolts as mine were missing when the bike arrived. If anyone has one for sale do please let me know, thanks

Old 03-13-2024, 09:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice pickup! Love seeing these projects. Looking forward to your progress!

The following users liked this post:
Cuda (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 06:28 PM

Yeah me too making some progress having her look a whole lot better would be great right now but my garage has been taken up with a whole load of stuff including my TS250 in bits all over the place. Currently, the F2 is languishing outside undercover and being in the UK right now the weather is miserable it's either raining or freezing, or both, so I've done some stripping 'I mean the bike not personally and I'm now in the "buying of everything that turns up that's nice n shiny and of the type I need faze, and the money spent so far continues to escalate

As soon as the good weather comes back I'll start in on her and post up some pictures of the work as I proceed with it, I need to find a main stand and fitting kit for it, so I can remove the rear wheel the hugger the swing arm the shock linkage and the after market race can that's about as legal as sex on the street. I got real lucky and found a very nice standard F2 original can for £30 which impressed the hell out of me as these are going for a whole lot more, and I've just bought a nice condition silver replacement hugger with attached chain guard in black. I'll see what the swinger is like once off if it's ok I'll have it blasted then I'll sand it down get it smooth and re spray it silver give it a good few coats of 2K clear then put it on one side while I sort the frame out which also needs sanding down priming and painting.

I've bought a good condition under tray that houses the tail light / indicators and hangs the licence plate as my original had been butchered, it's in great condition I just need to give it a hot soapy wash dry it off then spray it with silicone spray to bring up the plastic so it looks new again same with the battery box and its cover. While I think on, I'm in need of a replacement air box as mine is broken on some of the seized in screw mount areas, so if anyone reading this happens to be in the UK and has a good one for sale do please let me know.

Old 04-14-2024, 02:12 PM

Been busy over the weekend the weather has been great so I went into attack mode The bike is now completely stripped the frame is a hell of a mess it needs a real good going over it has been painted (badly) here and there by the previous owner in various places and it's got its fair share of rust. The plan is to go at it with the drill and some wire wheel attachments get it down to clean steel then scotch brite it rust treat it acid etch prime it then prime it then paint and lacquer with plenty of coats of each. The engine is pretty grubby it needs a hell of a good clean which I started in on this afternoon after lifting away the frame, it's beginning to come up but it's going to take a lot of work to make it presentable again. It looks like it may have had a new engine at one point as I found "NM 99" on the back of the casing once removed I can only presume that stands for "New motor 1999. I'm going to replace the clutch cover and the pickup cover next to with nice clean original silver ones and remove the generator cover and respray that silver and lacquer it, I want it looking good for when it all goes back together. I'm hoping for more good weather over the next days so I can get on with it, I may or may not change my mind about spraying the frame I may have it blasted and powder coated, all depending on whether I lose the will to live part way through.

Old 04-14-2024, 05:33 PM
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Looking at that frame it’s definitely time for some tlc. She’ll thank you for it :-)

Old 04-14-2024, 07:14 PM

Yeah, it's definitely in need of some attention and its going to get it, it'll probably take me about a week to get it down to clean steel and get a couple of little bits done on it, but it'll be sorted in paint and finished ready to put the motor back in in a couple of weeks.