Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tl:dr

Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015
DITTO... i read something about turbos and $700... then i gave up...

Alright... Sorry Brian, we're giving you grief, but you can't deny us a little crap-slinging, sometimes it's just gotta be done!

Anyway, I did read it all, and you've got plenty of good info, and everything you said was true, but like anything else, everyone has their own view of what's "worth it" to them, or not - in this case, as with most, the person who's got to figure out whether or not it's worth it, is the guy making the inquiry.

You had an idea, took initiative, and got crackin' - that's what building any project of this sort is all about, whether it's just an "all park and no play" bling-mobile, a true performance based thing, or both.

I'm with you on this, without a doubt, anything can be done, if you've got the idea, the skills, the patience, and the resources. If a person's got the chops, some good mechanical incliniation, and the ability to see it through, they can do whatever they want. Even if their skills aren't yet that great, seeing other projects, and getting "food for thought" from guys like you and others, can increase their confidence, until they say "Ok, here we go, I'm doing this". I mean, let's face it, none of us were born knowing all of these things, so if one never tries, one never learns anything more than they already know.

One of the things I posted earlier, in so many words, was that if it's not something he really wants to do AND he doesn't have the resources for locating what he needs at a cost he can manage, THEN it's not worth it... a guy's gotta be able to see it through to the end, or it could be just a potentially expensive failure, leaving them without a ride!

You've got previous experience building/tuning engines, so for you, this is no problem, and maybe it will be no problem for the original poster either, but I don't know - you probably didn't ask if something was possible, as your experience taught you that it surely was (and I'm anxious to see your project, by the way). But, if blacken77 definitely has what it takes to do this, nothing that was replied to him will deter him, per se, it would just give him more to think about, like your post did. Most of the time, and I'm NOT saying that this IS the case with blacken77, when these basic questions are asked, the one asking does not know enough to figure it out on their own... but that doesn't mean they WON'T figure it out!

Like you, I've built a lot of engines in the past, from small-block/big-block Chevy engines for muscle cars/drag cars, to hum-drum straight-sixes, to Mercedes turbo-diesels, so I'm personally not afraid to tackle something of that scope, I just don't have any need to at the moment. I am anxious to sooner-or-later rebuild one of my F2 motors, so I can change cams, increase bore, lighten crank, upgrade rods/pistons, blah, blah, blah. I personally don't have any goals of turbo-charging a 600, as it's not legal for my racebike anyway, and I'm proficient at tuning carbureted engines, so even though it's a pain sometimes, I don't personally want a fuel injected motor in my F2s, but it can be done, for sure.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
Tl:dr
Okay junky, I'm stupid... what the hell does this mean?!?

Too long??? didn't read?!?!?

Maybe my "text speak" is behind the times!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy $h!t, I also have to give up reading that. Too funny others did too. It was like reading the bible compacted into one page.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, seriously hilarious, I am sorry, i just re-read that and laughed my @zz off. I have OCD and ADHD and wasn't thinking about it being readable.
I sometimes repeat myself I sometimes repeat myself, have a brain tumor, no joke there, not dying so no worries or comments please but feel free to tease me for that one, lol. I agree and will re-read before I post.
when i finish this bike i will write it all up in word and have my GF check it out before i post, lol. I want to give detailed info and have taken good pics the whole way and FYI was able to use the F4i air box with an easy mod.
Anyways thanks for the tease, i appreciate good humor, great bunch of guys here. I really want everyone to know step by step through this process. I am also looking into some way i can share my tune so inexperienced guys can just load up the fuel table. that will take the complications out of the way and maybe some minor adjustments for different mods. I am pretty excited about this project. Hell my girlfriend went to Fantasy Gifts on Valentines day and came home and got all dressed up secretly to reward me for building this bike for her. fast bikes and a hot girlfriend to ride with. Doesn't get better than that...
Thanks again, you will see me around and hope you all have a great laugh as well.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default messed up

FYI, I went through my post and cleaned it up a bit. sorry again! It was bothering the heck out of me leaving it like it was so i fixed her up some. Try reading it now if you care too. Thanks.