CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My f2, bought sight unseen, has arrived

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My f2, bought sight unseen, has arrived

I agree--MT, post some pics of this bike!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:48 PM

Okay guys give me some time. I only have one day off this weekend, Sunday and I'll be painting our bedroom/bathroom.

Maybe the next week after. Oh boy....you'll probably think it's not that bad. Maybe the f2 still has some life in her!

In the meantime what should i do to keep it in storage w/o harming the engine, etc?

do I need to drain all the fluids? Add anything or take out the battery?

Thanks

Old 10-06-2007, 02:27 AM

Guys I haven't forgotten the pics.

I'm just super busy this week. We only have one day off this week and on Saturday we have to show our place to a possible buyer. I'll doubt they'll buy.

Anyway on my only day off this week I will try to get pics with my digital camera.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:29 AM

I'm off Sunday, family day. I will try guys.

If not please be patient. It's nothing worth seeing anyway [:'(][:@]

Old 10-06-2007, 05:38 AM
Banned

You know how you really don't want to look at the bad accident on the freeway as you drive by, but you can't help but gawk and stare.........It's kinda like that.

How long do you plan on storing it? I'd drain all of the fluids at some point anyway since you never know what's really happened to this bike. Why not as soon as possible? Def take out the battery and slap it on a trickle charger or something similar. You don't want to fix it all up in the future, grab your battery and have it D.O.A. Who knows, maybe you'll get the itch to hear her growl, sell the new apartment for parts $$ and move into your parents garage for a while. You can work on it all the time then.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:39 PM

No I wouldn't wanna live in my parents' patio, that would bea fate worse than ....

than....

than....

....than having a near mint VFR traded for a beat-up non-working f2!!!!!

[:@][:'(][][:-][>:]

ORIGINAL: eweppley

You know how you really don't want to look at the bad accident on the freeway as you drive by, but you can't help but gawk and stare.........It's kinda like that.

How long do you plan on storing it? I'd drain all of the fluids at some point anyway since you never know what's really happened to this bike. Why not as soon as possible? Def take out the battery and slap it on a trickle charger or something similar. You don't want to fix it all up in the future, grab your battery and have it D.O.A. Who knows, maybe you'll get the itch to hear her growl, sell the new apartment for parts $$ and move into your parents garage for a while. You can work on it all the time then.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Yes eweppley

I'll take out the battery soon and put it on a tender.

Also plan to drain the fluids eventually.

As for the gas tank it's nearly empty and I added a full bottle of SeaFoam not too long ago...is that enough or do I need to add Stabil?

Thanks

Old 10-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The seafoam is probably going to loosen up some rust flakes inside the tank and gunk up your carbs, I'd wash that tank out with some POR15!

Good luck man, I'll keep dropping into this thread every now and then, if you need help PM me

Old 10-06-2007, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Hershey

The seafoam is probably going to loosen up some rust flakes inside the tank and gunk up your carbs, I'd wash that tank out with some POR15!

Good luck man, I'll keep dropping into this thread every now and then, if you need help PM me
I checked the tank and there is no rust...it's actually pretty clean

I think the bike was raced, on a racetrack..... it has no chicken strips on either the front or rear tires.

Thanks Hershey for your concern!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah I thought my tank was mint inside too, until I ran some seafoam through it lol... Then my bike wouldn't run because there was very fine brown powder (rust) in the carbs.

Street bikes can have no chicken strips too, I have no front chicken strip and just a little one on the back and I dont push too hard, that and it would have track tires on, not too many people race with DOT's... A good way to tell is if everything is safety wired though, alsoif it has all of the stock lights and mirrors etc it was probably not a track bike.

mine will be next year! and I'll have an 08 GSXR 750 for the street

Quick Reply: My f2, bought sight unseen, has arrived