CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My CBR mods!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so i bought an upper fairing for an f4i to continue my collection of pieces for the swap.the guy im getting it from used it to design out his new paint design but only used dry erase marker so part of our deal ws that he had t clean it off i got it for $50 shipped because its got a little damage on the left side (cracked) but its pretty clean and there is stress on that area besides the wind when riding so i should be able to throw some mesh on the back of it and then epoxy it up nice Name:  013-4.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  98.1 KB

Also bought a 45T rear sprocket to help with my acceleration. i looked into doing the -1/+2 520 swap but for casual riding it seemed like it was going to be more of a pain than anything, so i figure the +2 in the rear and a new o-ring chain with some nice roller pins should do the job. my chain isnt actually all that bad, just dirty as hell. if i knew a way to clean them easily i wuld see if i even needed to do the swap ( on a side note, any one know a good place to get a new chain? i dont really want to spend an arm and a leg but i understand i may have to)

Old 07-13-2012, 04:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WD-40 and a small brass or nylon brush works great to clean a chain. It's time consuming but what part of cleaning a bike isn't lol.
Nice deal on the upper fairing. Are you going to buy an F4 stay or just try to mod your f2 one?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:35 AM

Going to buy and f4i stay...still looking for a decent price though. I also need to see if I can find someone who can give me the dimensions of the plate to relocate the stay as well...

Old 07-21-2012, 11:34 PM

Well, installed my rearsets today. So much more comfortable. Didn't realize how bent and deformed my stock ones were (one was from an f2 and one an f3 ) but yeah, the guy even included a whole shifter rather than just the linkage . It was nice cuz mine looked like ****. Also, made a cheap way to still have my brake light still work with the rear brake .

Left side
Name:  IMAG0191.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  84.6 KB

Right side
Name:  IMAG0192.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  93.0 KB

Problem #1 my brake lever was do bent that it rode the rearset. Bent it back a little so it just barely touches. You can kinda see it
Name:  IMAG0193.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  73.1 KB

Problem #2 I had to find a way to still be able to have my tail light work. Just used some plumbers tape as they call it and made a little mount. Works well.
Name:  IMAG0194.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  54.5 KB

And...I finally took some new pictures of those f4 side fairings I bought since the first picture got all messed up.
Name:  IMAG0195.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  51.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0196.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  45.0 KB

If anyone happens to have, or knows where to get an f4i fairing stay for cheap, lemme know. Just needs to be functional, I don't care if its a hunk a rust or something...ill spray it with rustoleum if need be.

And as I closing note...I'm going to be buying a pair of hid projection units with angel and demon eyes so I can mod my headlight...if I can ever find an ok deal on a headlight.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:37 PM

Oh, and while wiping some grime off the rear sprocket , I saw a 45 engraved on the side of it...so Im pretty sure its already been swapped, in which case I bought one for nothing. Damn...guess I can send it back and get my money back. Even the chain is an o ring chain so I just need to clean the gunk off...both chain and sprocket still look good . Barely any signs of use besides the crappy built.up on em
r

Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 AM

Well, this weekend should be fun. Swapping sprockets hopefully (new one is almost half the weight of old one) and planning on painting my fairings. The plan is to do a matte black on all the fairings , then I'm going to get some red carbon fiber CBR/Honda decals to put on one or two places of the bike, and then do a flat clear coat over everything. Eventually Im going to spray the rims I suppose since they are white. If any one has a good tutorial on painting rims or some tips, let me know oh, also going to hook up some red led lights in the rear seat that will be visible through the vent holes in the rear seat. Eventually I will hook some up I'm the vent of the f4 fairings and the combo with the demon eyes I'm going to install will be sick i think.

On a side note, any one else notice a lack of activity on here lately? Or is it just me...

Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 AM

Well I got the tail painted . Been so busy at work that not much has been Done on the bike . I'm hoping my decals come in soon so I can slap Some on the tail . I still been to sand the tail a little then do another couple coats of paint but it looks so much better .
Name:  20120806_210252-1.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  76.6 KB

Old 08-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered Users

btw... cleaning the chain with a wd? Can't hurt, but you know... petroleum is way more cheaper and works great (safe for rubber sealings, too)...

Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM

So just dump gas on it? Guess that could work. Thanks for the idea

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 PM

Love the work so far! I think that doing work on your own bike is half the fun of riding.

Side note- use kerosene to clean the chain, I trolled the forums for a while before i got my bike and that was always the best answer. cleans great, isnt too messy, doesnt smell too bad. and is safe for the o-rings. I put it in a water spray bottle and spray while scrubbing. just dont smoke while using it!

Quick Reply: My CBR mods!