CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My CBR mods!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, glad I could help!

If you need any other information I have a Clymer here and I can look it up for you.

Good luck on the F2!!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, realized this weekend how much of a pain its gonna be to put on this steering damper. I'm pretty sure its gonna sit right in front of my gauges as well....at least the temp gauge (which isn't so bad) what I'm most worried about is how much its going to rotate when I turn . ill probably try putting it on this week seeing as after tomorrow its auppose to be nice all week .

Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What temp gauge you using?

Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM

Stock right now

Old 06-15-2012, 09:33 AM

Alright, so I'm heading over to my dads garrage tonight to finish the last bracket up on my tail and bring the bike home finally. Also, I purchased some f4 side fairings as a start to my parts list for the f4i front end swap I want to do. I'm still looking for an f4i nose, headlight, and stay if anyone knows were to get them.

I'll take pictures of the completed rear end brackets tonight along with the tail being fully put on . Think its gonna stay Orange till I finish the front end so that I can have it all painted at once.

On a side note, a buddy at work informed me that once I'm done with the front end, ill have parts from an f2, f3, f4, f4i, and a 600rr all on my bike. I kinda like that...mixing the generations keep checking back for the pics (prolly around 7 ish pst )

Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Got the CBR f4 side fairings. They look awesome. However, the Project is going to have to be put on hold for about a month. My girlfriend was involved in a hit and run over the weekend which left her car totalled and insurance takes a while to hand out money under uninsured motorist . She got t-bones on the driver side and then slammed into a telephone pole in the passenger side, cracking the pole. She is fine but ive been spending all my money fixing up a little vehicle for her to drive and next check is all for bills. So...about the time I have spare money from my pay check, she is going toget her insurance money and pay me back for all the stuff I've had to buy the last few days so I should be able to buy the rest of my f4i front end then.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by goatxxmastr
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Got the CBR f4 side fairings. They look awesome. However, the Project is going to have to be put on hold for about a month. My girlfriend was involved in a hit and run over the weekend which left her car totalled and insurance takes a while to hand out money under uninsured motorist . She got t-bones on the driver side and then slammed into a telephone pole in the passenger side, cracking the pole. She is fine but ive been spending all my money fixing up a little vehicle for her to drive and next check is all for bills. So...about the time I have spare money from my pay check, she is going toget her insurance money and pay me back for all the stuff I've had to buy the last few days so I should be able to buy the rest of my f4i front end then.
I HATE rat-bastards that do hit-and-runs!!!!
Stinkin' douchebags!!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM

Tell me about it. Luckily, the pole she hit was seriously on the corner of a hospital...so no better place I guess. Two nurses came running out to help after they heard the noise. Someone got the plate number and swear they got it right but it came back to a black scion and she was hit by a white stratus, so the police think it was stolen.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks about your girl man. Hope she's alright and can't wait to see the finished look of your bike. Pretty sweet so far.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:31 AM

Alright. It's been close to a month and I finally have some updates! First off, I've been riding my bike to work every day since the fourth as its been amazing out. I really forgot just how much I appreciate the freedom I feel on this thing anyways, before the fourth, i found out my 6 month old battery was shot and wouldnt hold a charge at all....would be dead after one night of not being charged and it would just be sitting on a table. Needless to say, I got a replacement for free so now she starts right up.

I get paid on Thursday and am getting a hefty check as I did some overtime the last couple weeks so I'm already working some deals out on the f4i parts I need. Found a nose with one side cracked for $50 shipped which I may look at, or another guy is offering $200 shipped for a headlight and both parts of the fairings stay and a beat up upper fairing( scuffed and is missing a small chunk up by where the left mirror attaches. He is actually throwing the upper in for free.) I just can't decide if the second one is a good deal...need some opinions on that... Thanks in advance =D

Alright, and lastly, I just bought some rearsets off eBay. Mine are a little messed up from the po dropping the bike so one of the pegs sits funny...kinda pushed forward and angled up...any ways...I believe these are the basic woodcrafts that I got. if so then they have the +1 up and +1 back which is perfect because my 600rr tail has me positioned a little further back than the stock seat did. I got these for $90 shipped, so let me know what you think they are...
Name:  KGrHqUOKpE_RlI5TntBP2dLUqHHg60_1.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  21.4 KB

Quick Reply: My CBR mods!