CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

=[ Layed her down today for the first time..

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 04:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry =[ Layed her down today for the first time..

So I go for a nightly 2 hr cruise through the city and highways, then onto some back roads and back into the city tonight.. Pull off the freeway and spot 3 guys on gixxers stopped at light off of freeway. pull up next to em say wassup then we jet off up this long *** hill that is approx 3/4 miles in length.. I lead the pack and after we crest the hill I fall back to the rear and decide to just cruise with these dudes for a minute.. (they are going the same way I take to get home anyways..) so we get into formation, all four of us.. and it feels great.. (i don't have any buddies with bikes.. we had always said that we should all get bikes and cruise together, but I'm the only one out of us that has followed through..)

Anyway, so they decide to stop at this bar / grill joint to have drinks and play pool.. so we pull into the parking lot and they all grab parking spots. I decide to do a u-ie and back mine in to a slot near the end, and I thought I was clear of the curb but, nope. I end up brushing the curb at like 1 mph and it caught me off guard and I just lose balance completely and lay the bike on my left leg... I felt like such a newb.. i was able to somehow lift the bike back upright and surveyed the damage.. scuffed my left mirror and my leg is sore.. LOL. anyway I'm glad I layed her down in a parking lot while stopped vs not stopped.. probably would have hurt a lot more.. after I get her upright the dudes ask if I was all right, and I say "yea, this is my first bike and I've only been riding for 3 weeks now".. they like, "its cool bro we've done it too and we've only been on ours for 2 months.." so I'm like "cool, well I'm gonna take off, see ya'll around.." so I try and start her up and she wouldn't turn over.. so I'm thinking "great, now I'm walking home..' but persistence pays off. Took me a few mins to get her started again, but as soon as I do. I'm back on the road.. and make it back home alive to type this nice little story for ya'll to read about.. Moral of story. Know how far your front tire stick out when making u-ie to pull into last parking slot.. Also wear proper gear.. my leg was spared form being scraped due to my thick riding jeans..

Stay safe out there guys.

-J

Last edited by Demologik; 09-24-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:15 AM

Sorry to hear that you layed her down. At least was minor damage done.

One thing that is funny bout the whole thing. I have come close to pretty much the same type of thing happening to me. But have been lucky to catch her before she got to the ground. I felt idiot at the time, than just laughed it off.

And it's not bout being a newb, some times we can just mis-judge our position. I have heard a lot of stories that have had it happen to. The most common that i hear is "I thought i put the stand down".

A lot can happen when your standing still or hardly moving.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Peectures?

Old 09-26-2011, 05:05 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's the little things that catch us off guard? Things happen son sudden an then Opps...chit...glad ur ok bro.. This will definitely thicken you belt to becoming a wise rider.... Most important sometimes is to stay calm when chit happens, then overcome it slowly

Old 09-26-2011, 05:52 PM

Laid her down = ate **** while riding.

What you did = dropped the bike.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consider it a learning experience and a relatively inexpensive one at that in terms of bike and skin. Glad you're ok.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 PM

Yup dropping your bike always sucks, but at least you didn't get hurt.