F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Dropped her today for the first time :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped her today for the first time :(

Was getting something to eat before work, saw two parking spaces, with a Mustang in between them. Decided to go for the farthest one when I noticed there was already a pink scooter there, tried to turn into the closer parking space, not really sure what happened, just a combination of too slow and turning too late I guess. Starting feeling it go over "**** **** **** ****" and tried to keep the bike up, but realized it was going down and tried to lessen the blow. Hit the kill switch, starting yelling in my helmet some more, some guy walked out of the restaurant and says "Wanna sell it?" and I replied "No I don't want to sell it, I want to pick it up". He walked over and asked me if I had it, I asked him to grab the passenger bar and he helmet me lift it up. I didn't hit the ground, just bruised my ego. Damage is my custom banana brake lever and my popped turn signal. Everything still works, just pissed, had so much pride that I had been riding for 7+ months or so and hadn't dropped it, then some stupid **** like that happened.

Pictures:

Shiiiiit - Imgur

Old 06-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Registered Users

Sorry for your drop. Glad you didn't get injured. I always park somewhere I'm comfortable about getting into and out of. Don't let this deter you from getting those much needed miles under your belt though.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you got off easy champ. Only time I ever dropped my bike was when I was doing the tyre pressure. Moved it forward a few inches to get the tyre valve to a easier place to pump up the tyre, those few inches were all it took for the kickstand to grab and part way close. Leaned the bike over onto the stand and it just kept going. Pissed me right off and like you was an ego damage more than cosmetic

Old 06-14-2014, 05:46 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eyy were all been there, me twice it ticks you off but at least YOU didn`t get hurt AND the damage to the bike is minimal. Get yrself a pair of blinkers and another pair of cheapo shorty adjustable levers from eBay for 50 max bux total, buy yourself a beer and be welcomed to the "drop crew". Trust me, it`s only a matter of time before it happens, and I`d say I`m not kidding you if I say 99% of the people here has done it.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:22 PM

Thanks guys, I'm feeling better about it. I managed to fix the turn signal for now, so pretty much all I have is a bent lever.
I'm kinda nervous about buying levers on eBay after hearing stories of brake levers causing really gnarly damage after being installed with the cheap levers. I was looking at the2wheels.com, but their shipping time is just too long, 10-20 business days or whatever. I was looking at these, the seller is US, but I wonder if they'd be okay?
Red Short Brake Clutch Levers for Honda CBR 600 F2 F3 F4 F4i 1991 2007 RVF Alle | eBay

Old 06-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

glad it wasnt that bad.. but yeah.. pride is the big cost in your situation.. and be thankful of that!

Old 06-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe I got the excact same levers only ordered from Hongkong, as long as you clean the slots the levers go in and lube the hinge part prior to fitting with CRC adhesive grease or some equalivent I can`t see why you`d have any problems with them. Mine works like a thought.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

I did something similar, except I was going slower... Like 0 mph. Forgot the kickstand. Didn't scratch or break anything except my egos bit.

Glad you're ok. You'll never see the people that saw it happen so you're good to go.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Calm down butter cup and join the club. We've all been there. If you haven't, then you must be a new squidly lol.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:29 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry, my bruised ego got better, so will yours. Anyway, she's not really your bike until you've dropped her

Quick Reply: Dropped her today for the first time :(