CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Engine stalls w/o choke on

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine stalls w/o choke on

My battery died yesterday and after I got it recharged it would start if I held the throttle on just a little. After the battery died again I replaced it, but I have the same problem with having to hold on the throttle. If I put the choke on almost full it runs fun, but leaving choke on isn't good so what should I do? It runs fine if you give just a little throttle, but that get real annoying after awhile. I live in Texas and it's happened morning and after noon so it's not because of a cold engine, and if I turn the choke off after a few min of riding it dies. I've had the bike for a week or so w/o any problems what so ever. It's a 92

Old 10-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Default RE: Engine stalls w/o choke on

I've had trouble with my bike this summer also. Won't run long in the morning and now won't start with cold weather. I've been told the jets are getting dirty from whatever. I'm going to see if I can finish getting my carbs off this weekend. It did start up just before I loosened up the rubber boots. I poured a little gas into the carbs after I had removed the air cleaner, then held the throttle wide open like it was flooded and it ran for a couple seconds before running out of gas. At least I know it still runs. I had a thread going farther down if you want to see what has been happening.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:37 PM

my friends had the same problem shortly after he got it. it turned out the idle was adjusted a little too low. so it would run on choke but otherwise, wouldnt. all we had to do was turn the throttle adjuster that sits on the left side just behind the petcock. it could be clogged jets too. just check it out

Old 07-12-2006, 03:57 PM

I would check out your fuel line as well... make sure its not pinched and cutting off fuel flow. I had that problem.. bike would run with choke but once i turned the choke off it would die b/c the pinched line didn't offer enough fuel.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Question I have the SAME problem

Originally Posted by Destinmatt
My battery died yesterday and after I got it recharged it would start if I held the throttle on just a little. After the battery died again I replaced it, but I have the same problem with having to hold on the throttle. If I put the choke on almost full it runs fun, but leaving choke on isn't good so what should I do? It runs fine if you give just a little throttle, but that get real annoying after awhile. I live in Texas and it's happened morning and after noon so it's not because of a cold engine, and if I turn the choke off after a few min of riding it dies. I've had the bike for a week or so w/o any problems what so ever. It's a 92
I have the same problem!. did you fix it? what was wrong with it?
I just bought a 94 CBR 600 F2. it worked fine, then the battery died so i charged it and everything was fine. today when I stared the bike it would only run if i kept the choke on full it stays on and runs fine but once I move the choke, the RPM dropped and then stalls. can it possibly be the old gas in the tank? Please help!
I need to ride this bike this Sunday and the only way i can is if i leave the choke on full-and that will kill my bike (and jerks when changing gears).
Any idea's or help would be greatly appreciated

Old 02-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

perhaps a carb cleaning is in order.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 PM

My bike started acting funny. Starting hard,running like crap, I cleaned the carbs and it fixed my problem. Also when i was cleaning my carbs i was looking for a clogged jet but didn't see anything! I am guessing that it just takes a tiny piece of dirt to mess them up. Try cleaning the carbs, cheap and easy place to start. Good luck :-)