CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine mods

I just bought a 94 F2, and I was wondering about some engine mods...such as jet kits, valves, ect...basically i want to make it a track bike.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:08 AM
Default RE: engine mods

Well buddy yes and no? have you ever been on the Track before? Do you have the extra money to do these mod's?

What I am saying is that you might consider getting used to your bike as is first, since it is almost the end of the season,
riding at this pace you will need time to get used to your new engine mods? should you do them now?

Track time on the stock motor, aside of dong some cheaper mods such as (jet kit, k&N filter, changing suspesion settings in stock trim vs.upgrade suspesion parts will better teach how to make adjustments when mods are in place )

The speeds that you will be doing will take some getting used too as well as learning how to ride your stock bike on edge will prepare you for the engine/suspension mod's that will make your bike faster and more difficult to ride with stock suspesion parts to upgrade as you will need to handle the added power etcs.

I have done a ton of track days and prepping to do wsmc at willow springs I thought that i would make some mod's on my bike to but a friend gave me some good adivce in the novice class as we all have to start you are allowed some minor changes and to get the feel of racing takes time in on the job and can get very $$$$$$$....Get out there and get your skill level up there and give them guy's a hard time in stock trim, thus giving you a psychological advantage cause they got all these new bikes and mod's and they are not able to keep up with you. By then you will need a nother bike becasue of technology differences...... I run a f2 and give some guy's hell and they are on newer bikes...so be patient and work with what yu have...

Old 09-19-2006, 02:09 AM

Well buddy yes and no? have you ever been on the Track before? Do you have the extra money to do these mod's?

What I am saying is that you might consider getting used to your bike as is first, since it is almost the end of the season,
riding at this pace you will need time to get used to your new engine mods? should you do them now?

Track time on the stock motor, aside of dong some cheaper mods such as (jet kit, k&N filter, changing suspesion settings in stock trim vs.upgrade suspesion parts will better teach how to make adjustments when mods are in place )

The speeds that you will be doing will take some getting used too as well as learning how to ride your stock bike on edge will prepare you for the engine/suspension mod's that will make your bike faster and more difficult to ride with stock suspesion parts to upgrade as you will need to handle the added power etcs.

I have done a ton of track days and prepping to do wsmc at willow springs I thought that i would make some mod's on my bike to but a friend gave me some good adivce in the novice class as we all have to start you are allowed some minor changes and to get the feel of racing takes time in on the job and can get very $$$$$$$....Get out there and get your skill level up there and give them guy's a hard time in stock trim, thus giving you a psychological advantage cause they got all these new bikes and mod's and they are not able to keep up with you. By then you will need a nother bike becasue of technology differences...... I run a f2 and give some guy's hell and they are on newer bikes...so be patient and work with what yu have...

Old 09-21-2006, 12:12 AM

thanks, i am looking more fore manufactures and combinations.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:47 PM

+1 for Marley Mar

I get my *** kicked in Accel (93 F2) but I have been stomping kids in the corners like no other, making me a better rider I think. Cause any novice can twist the throttle in the straight.

(I guess if you have fast corner entrance it means you will have faster exist times and you won’t have to work your motor so hard to just get up to speed.)