CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead battery

Alrighty,

I left my lights on and the battery is dead now. Imagine that. Where is the battery located? How do I get to it? How do I take the seat off my bike?

Thanks,
Whitt944

Old 05-14-2006, 04:00 AM
Default RE: Dead battery

The battery is under the seat. Remove the two tail fairings and take out your tool kit. You will need the Allen Wrench and Open End Wrench from your tool kit The seat is held on by two 10mm bolts, I think 10mm. You can see them easily, one between the Voltage Regulator and the "Black Box", the other is directly across from it. Lift the seat up from the back near the tail light. It will feel like it is unsnapping. The front of the seat has an L shaped piece that fits under where the gas tank is bolted down. You do not need to remove this bolt, just lift the back of the seat up and pull backwards. Now you will see a small black compartment with two allen type fastners like the ones that hold on the fairings and one small hexagonal bolt, I think 8mm. Remove these and pull the black cover up, your battery is right there. Becareful if you move that box around to get the battery out, your rear brake master cylinder and brake hose are attached to it.

Old 05-14-2006, 04:17 AM

Thanks man,

I'll try it in the morning.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the info. Got a new battery into it and the bike runs like a champ. I don't have my license yet, so I've only gotten to ride in an empty parking lot. It is registered and insured, so I am not being completely irresponsible.

I went down to take the test to get my learners permit and ran into some problems. My license is in Florida, so I have to convert to a Hawaii license to get a motorcycle permit.

In '94 I recieved a DUI in North Carolina, and they have a hold on my license. I have to go to a mental health clinic and get a drug and alcohol assessment done. After that is finished I have to go to an alcohol treatment program. Then I get to pay a fine and North Carolina will take the hold off of my license. With my work schedule, this will take a long time. Plus, how will it look when I put in for some leave time to go to a substance abuse program! Talk about a kick in the *****!

This is crazy. That incident was 12 years ago, and my Florida license was never suspended, no points were ever awarded to my license. I have not had another incident, and have quit drinking completely.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Whitt944

Thanks for the info. Got a new battery into it and the bike runs like a champ. I don't have my license yet, so I've only gotten to ride in an empty parking lot. It is registered and insured, so I am not being completely irresponsible.

I went down to take the test to get my learners permit and ran into some problems. My license is in Florida, so I have to convert to a Hawaii license to get a motorcycle permit.

In '94 I recieved a DUI in North Carolina, and they have a hold on my license. I have to go to a mental health clinic and get a drug and alcohol assessment done. After that is finished I have to go to an alcohol treatment program. Then I get to pay a fine and North Carolina will take the hold off of my license. With my work schedule, this will take a long time. Plus, how will it look when I put in for some leave time to go to a substance abuse program! Talk about a kick in the *****!

This is crazy. That incident was 12 years ago, and my Florida license was never suspended, no points were ever awarded to my license. I have not had another incident, and have quit drinking completely.
I feel for you man. I jokingly pushed my girlfriend once, not hard, but she tripped and it was noticed by an off duty cop, who had me arrested. I had to do 24 months of Anger Management Classes, even though my girlfriend testified in court we were just rough housing.
And up until that point of my life, my record was spotless........... Go figure.
Hey, do what you got to do to get your Motorcycle Endorsement. You will be so glad you did.