CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

92 cbr f2 valves...blowed up? i dont know.......help pls guys pls!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 cbr f2 valves...blowed up? i dont know.......help pls guys pls!

Hey guys i am freaking out i bought a 92 cbr f2 bout 3 weeks ago i have put about 120 miles on it all toghether. was running fine until last week i heard it ticking a little i thought valves no big deal buddy told me that u will hear a little ticking prob nothing to worry about. Well i was riding it today and all the sudden i heard a sudden change in the way it sounded and it lost power. The sound is almost liek if the exalust had a hole in it or somthing but its coming from the engine. i thougt at first the motor was blowed up but it sounds more like a loud ticking and along with well well like exault or somthing like air getting through somthing thats the only way i know how to describe it. its pretty loud makes it sound like a harley but a junk one that is screwed up lol anyways this is my first bike and i was so happy with this thing ive always wanted a bike since i was a kid and i actully traded my truck and went and got a loan from my bank so i am all used up i absoulty dont have much cash at all so any ideas would be so greatly apprciated. and if you could explain to me what it would sound like if it was to be bloed up also there ias no fluid leaking or anything no water coolant or oil nothing leaking so not sure at all whats wrong but its drivable but only at about 10-15 mph or it sounds like its gonna explode1 pls help thanks alot for everything

Old 04-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Default RE: 92 cbr f2 valves...blowed up? i dont know.......help pls guys pls!

that noise may very well be your Cam Chain Tensioner...mine would make noise from time to time...sometimes during my entire ride(i ended up being a lil low on oil) before you make any big assumptions figure things out a little more

Old 04-25-2008, 10:56 PM

Yeah i am worried about it i been reading on diffrent things. Will a cam chain tensioner make it so loud from the engine like that. wonder if it could possibly a broken valve or somthing? it still cranks right up np at all and it seem to happen wehn i gave it a littel throttle but i wasnt gunning it or nothing. i just hope i didnt blow the engine cause thatll be a little far away before i can get it fixed and i really was looking foward to riding this warm time of year coming up soon always bad luck on everything seems like lol. thks for all yours guys' help any suggestions is greatly appriciated. john

Old 04-26-2008, 12:21 AM

Uh, if it "Bloewd up" it wouldn't run at all. you'd probably notice a large puddle of oil and/or antifreeze on the ground. I guess if you have to ask then maybe it doesn't matter.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:30 AM

yeah i dont think it blowed up i was thinking the same thing i am quik learner so im gonna start taking it apart today and get down to business cant let it sit for too long its my only transportaiotn to work lol go figure wanted a bike so bad i traded my truck along with all my cash well i guess i have to learn somtime how to work on this stuff time to get greesy! thx

Old 04-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cam chain tensioner (CCT) is one of three common problems that plague the F2. It's hydraulic based and requires enough oil in the system to work correctly (there are steps in the service manual for servicing the tensioner). Many people on here just replace the tensioner with a manual one. The common diagnoses if you are having a problem with the CCT, is that you will hear a loud clicking noise. I myself, have never experienced it.

The other 2 problems are the following:

R/R (regulator/Rectifer)
one of the shifting forks tends to bend...I'm thinking it's 2nd gear, but I don't remember. You'll have to search to find that out.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:08 AM

wow ok not what i expected lol! anyways i start taking off tha plastic notice that one of the sparkplugs wasnt even screwed in apparently it had popped right out i guess? anyways upon further inspection i found out that the sparkplug isnt even the right size too big wont even screw in in which leads mr to belive the guy i bought the bike from was a real tool. He said he had changed the plugs with all new ones a month prior to me buying the bike lol the plugs i pulled out looked as if they were never changed anyways after going to the bike shop getting new plugs"the right size one" and the rest new that were the rigyht size to begin with popped em back in and she is running better than when i bought it a month ago i am pretty pleased i know it wasnt a big task but still twice now i have fixed my own bike in a month so who knows before long i may just be a mechanic lol thx for all your help guys!

Old 04-26-2008, 05:09 PM

Lol always good to see people working on their own bikes, its a fun/pleaseing task.

Good Job.

FYI: Make sure the plug hole where the one popped out isnt stripped.