CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Winter projects

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ben12178
So I have to ask before my head explodes from wondering but did you pay a total of almost $80 for a stiffer spring and a gasket or did the detent arm come with it. Cause thats alot of money for a spring
Yep. I was a bit surprised. I thought the kit came with a detent arm, but apparently it doesn't... The bike was missing the odd shift so it was time.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:27 PM
June 2013 ROTM

So I emailed factory pro about this, and they first said there is 2 kits, basic and pro. I obviously got the basic one. Its a bit misleading on their website because it listed the detent arm in the description of the kit. Then they said they would remove the basic kit from their website so other people don't but the wrong kit again. Still trying to figure out what they are going to do for me

Old 01-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that's nuts I could see the $48 plus shipping if it came with the arm but $48 for a spring and a paper gasket that I can make is a bit steep plus the 30 some odd dollars to ship it to canada thats outrageous I've shipped stuff to canada its nowhere near that expensive.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 PM

The website is definitely misleading.. it doesn't show the pro kit as even being available which is the one I purchased that comes with the detent arm & spring. Luckily the company I ordered mine from told me about this beforehand so I was able to get the kit I wanted. Hopefully Factory Pro will work something out with you.. I think the upgraded detent arm is definitely a big improvement over the stock one.

The spring is a huge PITA to get compressed & installed. It took me probably a good hour before I finally got it, but well worth the effort!

Last edited by TahoeRider; 01-09-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 PM
June 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by ben12178
Yeah that's nuts I could see the $48 plus shipping if it came with the arm but $48 for a spring and a paper gasket that I can make is a bit steep plus the 30 some odd dollars to ship it to canada thats outrageous I've shipped stuff to canada its nowhere near that expensive.
Well the arm is only a couple ounces. It was USPS Express (only option for Int'l - as it has tracking). USPS website has it as $34.95 so $38 is about right.

Originally Posted by TahoeRider
The website is definitely misleading.. it doesn't show the pro kit as even being available which is the one I purchased that comes with the detent arm & spring. Luckily the company I ordered mine from told me about this beforehand so I was able to get the kit I wanted. Hopefully Factory Pro will work something out with you.. I think the upgraded detent arm is definitely a big improvement over the stock one.

The spring is a huge PITA to get compressed & installed. It took me probably a good hour before I finally got it, but well worth the effort!
Yeah, its a real grind. Glad I am dealing with this now, not when I wanna ride! After I reinsure my bike, I'm riding up to my dads shop with the kit, plus a new jug o' rotella and do some 'spring cleaning'.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:23 AM

I m on going
1) Fix Fairings (prew owner left me lots of cracks to fix)
2) Change color (allready signed up for a one day course on art of painting car in beggining of march) also repainting the frame.
3) new battery, New chain (old one starting to wear out), new fairing bolts,
also changing all liquids, and new cold start cable and new rear blinkers (got from santa),
And Maybe carb sync if I get so far..
buzy bee

Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 AM
June 2013 ROTM

HID relay is in. See the video here
I never make videos like this, so please excuse my ramblings and such. See the links in the description for a better look at where the wires we cut are.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:40 AM
June 2013 ROTM
Old 01-11-2013, 04:18 PM
June 2013 ROTM

On the shift kit front, I called Factory Pro and talked to a guy named Temple. He was pretty helpful and got things sorted out. I am posting for the difference between the basic kit and the pro kit, and they are paying the shipping.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:23 PM

That's good news.. glad to see they are a reputable company that takes care of its customers, and make some excellent products too

Quick Reply: Winter projects