CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

What have you done to your Hurricane today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took off my rear wheel and swing arm! Last things to come off... Now it's time to clean it up and start putting it back together!!! Yay! Hahaha

Old 09-09-2011, 07:23 PM

no powder coating? if i had it that far apart i would paint it in one form or another!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:28 PM

Oh yes bro! Def powder coating and painting going on!!!! 24 years of abuse and grime must go away!!! I get a brand new 1987 cbr1000f in the end... That's the reward for all of the work

Old 09-09-2011, 08:47 PM

aww man livin my dream lol cant wait for some pics man.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:42 PM

88 cane 600
acerbis front end
race tech fork springs 90kj
all ***** tapered stem bearing
600rr fairing conversion( parts received work in progress)
adhesive front led signals
all four cables motion pro
new clutch plates
irc 110/70/17 front
150/70/17 rear
ebc organic front brakes
ebc organic rear
leak pr0of fork seals
front brake switch
30mm bar end mirrors on stock handle bar weights( milled out from 30mm to 31mm
pro grip 699 black
universal 1/4 hi flo filter
k&n filter
jetted carbs
supertrapp slip on
emission on exhast removed
oil change
520 conversion kit down two up four
rk gold chain
gp exhaust.... ebay
k@n oil filter
honda throttle tube
new bar end bolts
new inner handlebar weights
synthetic fork fluid
all this and my tank is outa gas..........
i havent had a chance to realy push this bike since the upgrades... i built this recently to really test its capabilites. ive rode it hard for four years dealing with handle bar vibes and wheel shakes. ive read about how this was the first inline four raced as a superbike.... ive seen pics of riders scraping knee although i personally havent. i ordered everything to make this as an aggressive turning bike with extreme accelerating outa corners with keeping in mind that for some reason i cant help but wheelie this bike form every stoplight... and for those that dont know this bike is a one wheel maniac lifitng up at almost dead stop in second gear. i used to love to wheelie it in first but after the chain/sprocket upgrade will surely flip over, way to jerky.. i do it once in a while to tease others but hold back on geterdone status...raced a harley with a 103 kit last outing from dead stop to 110mph and stayed about 21/2 bike lengths ahead at all time.. only fear of this bike is my fairings falling of at high speeds lol

Old 10-19-2011, 10:00 AM

Just bought my Hurricane this past weekend so havent done much to it yet other then start it off of the car battery on sunday just to hear it run. And promptly discovered my carbs are leaking through the overflow tubes...DOH!

Ordered the following parts yesterday afternoon:

Universal dual tail light/license plate mount
Battery
Brake lever

This is the style of tail lights im putting on it to fill the opening in the F4i tail i have on my 'cane

Old 02-15-2012, 09:30 PM

I pulled of the carbs off and cleaned the low speed jets. Idle restored. I still have a miss on one cylinder. I pulled the plug and it was badly fouled. I replaced the plug but still have the miss.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Cool I tried to replace the fork seals.

Had the evening to myself. Happens about once a year with kids. So I decided to fix the leaky seals. Pulled the side plastics, hooked the tie downs to the motor mount, then to the rafters, and lifted the front end up. Pulled the right brake, then the wheel, then the left brake, then the side reflectors, the fender, and finally the forks. Struggled with getting the bars off the top, till I realized the snap ring in the picture was on the outside. Popped them apart, and dumped out all the sludge, wiped everything down, and put the new seal on the right leg, reassembled it, and realized the fork oil I had was 7w, hmmm, manual says ATF, hmmm, I don't have ATF, only 7w. Hmmm. Then the wife and kids got home, and there it sits till next time. I hope to finish it up soon. Will try to post a photo of my bike in progress.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Default What I've been up to over the last week or so...

Hey Guys

Been working on the fairings and decided to put up a vid. Any comments/ advice much appreciated.

Cheers
Rog

http://

Last edited by dodger79; 01-01-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: I didn't do the link right!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Default Half way through spraying the plastics

Hey Guys

Although its cold and snowy over here in Sheffield, England the work on the old girl doesn't stop. You always need your shed/man-cave fix every week - so here's what I've achieved over the last week or so...

Take it easy
Rog

Quick Reply: What have you done to your Hurricane today?