CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

What have you done to your Hurricane today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi bud.
If it were me i would be itching to ride it and would be going to work on it or what ever just so i could use it, especially after all the work you have put into it but Each to their own and if the best thing for you is to sell then thats what you must do mate

Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 AM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ride for the season, sell her and buy another winter project IF YOU MUST

PSA: Did you check out this months ROTM ?

Old 04-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Talking

hey corruptfile and davewales!

yeah you're right. I've decided to ride her this season. got her through the mot on tuesday and just getting the insurance and tax sorted so hopefully I'll get to see what she's like maybe this week! It'll be a very gentle first ride though as I haven't been on a bike in three years! lol Anyway this is how she looks with her all her clothes on...

btw - I did vote for you corruptfile ha ha sorry I forgot to mention it - did it last week

Last edited by dodger79; 04-27-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
June 2013 ROTM

Thanks

The bike looks and sounds great. If you get another, make sure its a cbr. We want to keep you around!

Old 04-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Default Cam Tensioner?

Can i hear the familier sound of a tensior worn out on your bike? Going to replace mine this friday. Soooo anoyying hearing it while at idle.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Thumbs up cct

Originally Posted by Alex Rivet
Can i hear the familier sound of a tensior worn out on your bike? Going to replace mine this friday. Soooo anoyying hearing it while at idle.
Hi Alex, I hope you're wrong but then again you might be right I'm not sure as I honestly don't know what a worn cct sounds like. Which noise are you listening out for on my vid? I think I remember from the service manual that they are ready for changing at 40k miles - mine's done 41k so that would go with what you said. If you do get round to doing yours then would you put up some pics and let me know how you did the job of changing it. There I was thinking I was finished with the old girl lol

cheers dude

Old 05-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Default Added a coupla wings to the tank

Hi all - got a couple of tank wings off the tinternet which came today so I slapped 'em on the tank. To get them absolutely perfectly in position I used a rusty crinkled tape measure (you know the kind - its been in the shop for years and the end is loose) then I did some cunning eyeballing using the thumb from a distance and finally said the magic words "I hope it goes on okay...?"

I think they look ok considering my technique

Safe riding this season everyone

Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 PM
June 2013 ROTM

They look good. I just eyeballed my decals too, all of them. Perfect - no. But you can't look at both sides at the same time anyways :P

Old 05-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Default Oil and filter change and clutch cable lubing...

So I changed the oil and filter on saturday evening (filter was a pita to get off and ended up sticking a big punch through it and wacked it round with a hammer!

And tonight I lubed the clutch cable for the first time. The old fashioned bag filled with oil over the end of the cable technique wasn't working cos there was a lot of dirt in there. Instead I got some quarter inch clear hose and put it over the end of the cable then taped it up at the bottom. Then squirted wd40 into the tube. Wiggling the cable up n down helped a lot to get the lube down to the bottom. I put the adjusters and lock nuts back to their original positions, measured the freeplay on the lever and checked the bite. The lube worked great so I might adjust it a bit more after a ride as it made it operate far more easily.

Next: bleed up the rear brake with fresh fluid finally.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 PM
June 2013 ROTM

Added the spools this weekend, finally. BUT as with any 25 year old machine, fix one thing, the other starts to go. I think my r/r is on its last legs. Ordered a new one just to be safe. Got a unit for a gsxr 750 coming in, which will need retrofitted to work on the cbr.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your Hurricane today?