CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Racing my CBR600

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The work on the rear swing was done before I bought the bike. Initially I thought that the swing was stock, but on closer examination I see that it's definately not. Everything is GSXR1100, event the rear wheel and brake. A bracket for the shock has been made in aluminum and bolted to the swing. I believe that a standard F1 shock can be used, even though mine has an Ohlins. As I have not done the work, I can not say if the gsxr swing has been modified in any other way. I guess there is a possibility that it has been modified to fit where it is attached to the frame.

Last edited by Formula; 03-25-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Bad ***!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 04:49 PM

Painted the front fairing last night. Here is the result. "Nice from a far, but far from nice" But i guess okay for a track toy.
No performance mods lately just cosmetic. But there is really not that much left to do so for now. I have to fabricate a seat bracket to supprt the F1 tail. Tha F1 tail and front fender needs some paint. Then the bike will need a trip to the dyno to sort out the fueling and electrinic ignition. The engine is still stock, and it seemes like my race engine will not be ready for quite some time. The company that bores out the cylinders are quite busy now. The same goes for the guy who ports the head. The racing starts in 3 weeks time, and I will have to cope with the stock engine for the first couple of races.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice work

RE: The exhaust - if it is below the foot peg, then it could be an issue. I know I cracked my M4 system on the F4 (and the D&D was lower) touching down on the track. It will mostly depend on how much you weigh, how good the rear shock is, and what type of corners you have on the track. On the local track we have a downhill right hander that really loads the bike up at the bottom.

Got any pictures that show the right side of the bike well? Not side on, from the rear or front at about peg level.

Also - If you have a friend you can lean it over in the drive way - just remember this will have NO rear spring compression, so it'll have far more clearance than it will on the track. If it is at all close - then consider getting someone to bend the pipe and weld a brack to bring the pipe inboard and higher up.

The RR's undertail is a real blessing.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:45 PM

hey formula is there any way you could have a buddy video the races and post them here. I would love to see the bike in action. And see what these old school bike are capable of.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:00 AM

Got some pictures of the bike regarding the exhaust. I will try to post them later. Tried your trick, and laid it over at its side. Simple and efficient, thanks! The pegs and the exhaust seemes to deck out at just about the same time. And so does the fairing btw. So maybe I should not worry too much about that right now? I plan to do some mods to the pegs later, but well see. One option is to raise the rear a little bit. In that way I can get some more ground clearance. But I have yet to ride the bike, so maybe I should just cool it and start fixing the real problems, instead of creating problems that maybe does not exist
The bike works fine with the exhaust where it is. So If it gives me a problem later I can address that then.

I have a small cam which I have previously attached to the fairing. I will do my best to get some nice pictures and post it here. Thanks for the interest btw

Here is a clip I did with my cam on a trackday a few years ago.
http://www.bike.no./video/treningsle...rbanen-4-5-08/

Old 03-30-2010, 12:22 PM

great video thanks!

Old 03-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've added a few mm to the F4 --- for just this reason... It helped in a few ways, but the best improvement I could find would have been a new rear shock... which I did buy in a round about way when I brought the RR.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:11 AM

Just some minor bits and pieces done lately. All the little things that really does not show. Changed oil and filter. Fitted a windscreen. Btw the Hongkong double bouble found on ebay looks awful. The glass is so steep that it resembles a touring bike. I found a windscreen belonging to a gsxf600 that looks way better, that is now fitted. It will have to do the job until I have found Polycarbonate sheets to fabricate my own.

Still left to do is fitting a seat and dynoing the bike. The race track will soon be free of ice, so the first test is not far away.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:04 PM

BTW picked up my new streetbike wednesday. Ducati Monster 1100s. Here is a picture, even though it's not a CBR

Quick Reply: Racing my CBR600