CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Racing my CBR600

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good! But there is not that much of the F1 I will use. The race tail uses only a thin foam pad for seat. But I guess I can always use some more handles and foot peg brackets. They break quite easy in a crash. A starter motor for the F1. And a F2 front wheel for my wets.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Haskell76
I think you may be able to purchase a keyless tank gas tank via china on Ebay.

I have not yet seen any gas caps for the F1. I've seen loads of them for the F2 and onwards though.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:29 PM

Update:

Got the new tank from Germany. It seemed quite nice at first glance. But after some digging, I found that the left side had been dentet previously, and repaired very poorly by applyin bondo. Had to put som work into sanding it down, pulling out the dentsusing a welder, and then respray it. It ended up quite nice. The color was chosen to go with the topcoat on the fairings that are yet to arrive. The plan now is to apply my starting number and the sponsor stickers on both the tank and the fairings, and then spray it all with flat clear. I think that will look awsome

The engine arrived today from a breakers in UK. It seemed kind of nice aswell. quite clean and complete, and no obvious damages. It will make a good basis for the race engine that I'm planning.

The D&D exhaust will probably arrive in the next few days. And a set of Wiseco 13:1 race pistons are now making their way across the Atlantic. Even though many parts are still missing from the build, with the pistions, there are much work that can be started. Dissmantling the engine, boring out the cylinders, porting the head, degreeing valves, etc....

Old 02-27-2010, 04:24 PM

The wiseco 13:1 pistons are sweet little things

The freshly painted fuel tank came out quite nice

Old 02-28-2010, 12:09 PM

This is gonna be a good thread. I did not know there was such a thing as flat clear, did you spray can it or used a professional gun and compressor?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:50 PM

I have not found flat clear on spraycan, unfortunately. So I guess I have to use a spray gun.

Now the fairing has arrived. This is always the most rewarding part. When the bike start to look like a real race bike There is still some dremel-work to do, to make the F3 fairing fit nicely.

The F1 tail section was absolutely perfect. The D&D exhaust is also in place. I think it sits a bit low, and might cause some issues with clearance in corners. Anyone have experience with this?

Old 03-21-2010, 03:43 AM

do you have more details on the pistons like part numbers for whats needed to change them and a price on how much the set cost . i would like to mod my spaire engine .thanks

Old 03-21-2010, 02:35 PM

The piston kit is called Wiseco R635 and part number 4442PS. As I understand, the kit is no longer available from the manufactorer. That is why a price is difficult to estimate. I found mine on ebay, btw. I have seen several similar kits show up there from time to time.

To install the pistons you will need to completely disassemble the engine, and get the cylinders bored out to the new size.

For a streetbike, there is probably more cost effective ways to tune an engine. But for my racebike, the new forged pistons is making the engine more durable and better suited to cope with the higher loads from other modification. In that way I dont expect the forged pistons to boost the bhp in a big way.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:48 PM

looking good.
i would say those pistons should increase power. if they are larger than stock, you're increasing your cc's, plus the higher compression...
should be a beast to ride.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:01 AM

dudeee that swing arm cant possibly be stock

i wanna know how thats done so i can COPY!!!

Quick Reply: Racing my CBR600