Stock Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Tires

I'm curious to know what People think of the stock Bridgestones. They seem to me that they are not bad at all, yet I can't find the confidence (hence the name "chicken strip") to crank it over to the edge. I'd like to think it's lack of confidence in the tires and not myself, but I still have about 1/4 inch of untouched rubber on the back and about 1/2 maybe 3/4 of an inch on the front. I think what gets me is the profile of the front. looks to me that if I get that sucker to the edge...I'm really going for a ride! I realize the Michellins, Dunlops,etc. are more than likely better, but I'd kinda rather use these up first before I try others. I've really only had 1 time when the front tested my nerves, but that's all it took. I'm willing to bet it was my fault, I probably upset it with the brakes or something, but what if it wasn't me and the tire was at the breaking point?
Ok, here's the real problem. like these stunt riders, I tend to get my kicks on the Streets and Highways which usually leads me straight to the clover leafs for as many laps as I can get away with before I ****-off the Neighborhood next to one of the ramps when I come screaming into it! gut the WUBBA...WUBBA thing goin on, the exhaust popping...big smile...come-on Spring time! anyways, yeah that's my playground unfortunately until I can get my leathers and get to the track.
But just wondering what you guys thought of your Bridges.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Default RE: Stock Tires

You talking about the BT-015's?
They came stock on my bike. I liked them. But only when they were warm. A very slick tire when cold.
Dont worry about the CS's. Youll lose them when you get to the track. Or maybe one nightafter a great day of riding youll look down at your tire and not see any. And wonder, "How the hell didthat happened". Thats how I lost mine. Not trying. Just riding.

Careful with the on and offramps. They can be very hazardous.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM

Track day = no chicken strips

Old 01-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Yeah, Im just hopeing the tires are good enough for a track day or I wont have chicken strips...or a bike! they do seem to be alright though, they do get nice and tacky as long as you warm them up first like CBRCRF says. Thanks guys

Oh...and yes, the ramps CAN be very hazardous, especially coming up out of the tuck and there's Meme and Pepe, oh dont that P- me off!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:24 PM

They are good enough for the track. You will only get about two days out of the tires (depending on how many miles you already have on them). And for your first two track days (or not)youll probably ride within the tires limits.