08 1k Stock Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 08 1k Stock Tires

So I'm picking up my new 08 this weekend and I'm wondering if the stock Dunlop Qualifiers are sticky enough to actually carve.

I've been running Pirelli Supercorsas on my 600rr for about 2 years, as opposed to qualifiers after having a bad experience with a set.

Any info you guys have, warmup times, stability, grip, etc. for the stock qualifiers would be excellent.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 AM

I've heard the OEM stock dunlops aren't very good and definitely no where near as grippy as supercorsa's. I'm taking it easy on my OEM bt016's until I get some better tires on there.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by tenjio
So I'm picking up my new 08 this weekend and I'm wondering if the stock Dunlop Qualifiers are sticky enough to actually carve.

I've been running Pirelli Supercorsas on my 600rr for about 2 years, as opposed to qualifiers after having a bad experience with a set.

Any info you guys have, warmup times, stability, grip, etc. for the stock qualifiers would be excellent.
I had Qualifiers on my RC51 and I liked 'em just fine.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:07 PM

i have an 08 but cant help you. i took my stock wheels off and put my marchesinis on before i left the dealership and went with PP2cts. i have heard mixed reviews about the stockers.

im betting they would be just fine.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:22 AM

Stock Qualifiers are plenty good enough for carving the streets or even an intermediate track day in a pinch. I actually prefer them to many others. They do take a little time to warm up and the feedback is slightly vague but you can still melt the edges off of them. I run my Qualifiers till they look like slicks and I've never lost grip because of the tire. If you ride hard, lower the pressures to 34 f&r and they will work just fine. If you decide to dump your stockers in place of some race rubber, please let me know how much you'll take for them.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Default tires

the stock tires are okay for a little while but if your like me and pursue the twisties you risk a high side running them. i was running pilot power ct2 but the dont last long at all so now i run the michelin hpx and love them. they last and they are great for hard twistie street.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 AM

Sounds like I'd most likely be happier with the supercorsas. 99% of the time I don't have much time to warm up the tires before I'm in the twisties. Plus, around here I can get a set of race pull offs at a great price.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by tenjio
Sounds like I'd most likely be happier with the supercorsas. 99% of the time I don't have much time to warm up the tires before I'm in the twisties. Plus, around here I can get a set of race pull offs at a great price.

So you'd rather run used up race take offs over brand new Qualifiers..?? That sounds pretty squidly to me. Oh and by the way, unless you can run an advanced pace, your never going to get enough heat in those supercorsas on the street. I guess the cool factor of having race tires and no chicken strips is more important to you than actually having traction.. Lol..

Old 03-14-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by fastest
the stock tires are okay for a little while but if your like me and pursue the twisties you risk a high side running them. i was running pilot power ct2 but the dont last long at all so now i run the michelin hpx and love them. they last and they are great for hard twistie street.

That's bull ****.. Your right hand is the only thing that will high side you not the Qualifiers. It's called throttle control. If you think tires are going to save you, your in for a rude awakening.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Wink okay

Originally Posted by Smokey74
That's bull ****.. Your right hand is the only thing that will high side you not the Qualifiers. It's called throttle control. If you think tires are going to save you, your in for a rude awakening.
so i guess confidence in tires have nothing to do with throttle control.
and running race take offs is not squidly for i know many true twisty riders who run em.

Quick Reply: 08 1k Stock Tires