squid?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default squid?

what are people saying went they talk about squids here on the forums in reference to sportbike riders?

thanks,
james

Old 06-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: squid?

check out this thread

Old 06-21-2006, 04:51 PM

young dumb and full of *&%; basically newer young riders (although i have me older more experienced squids too) that tend to ride on the unsafe side. Wheelies every chance they get, blasting through rush hour traffic either between the cars, on the shoulder or swerving in and out, etc. It's mainly there attitude about riding that defines the difference between a squid and just a more aggressive rider. A good example is that pic i posted in sights and sounds, doing a wheelie by a cop...Squids tend to believe they are invincible and don't carry about others around them, as long as they have their fun...

Old 06-21-2006, 05:00 PM

I don't think that being young is the biggest factor involved, but it is a factor.

Let me ask you this, why don't you see many older squids riding on the road?

Answer: Because most of them died while doing a wheelie on the freeway at 120 MPH on their Busas wearing nothing but a pair of shorts, sandals, and some sunglasses.

Old 06-21-2006, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: kiggy74

I don't think that being young is the biggest factor involved, but it is a factor.

Let me ask you this, why don't you see many older squids riding on the road?

Answer: Because most of them died while doing a wheelie on the freeway at 120 MPH on their Busas wearing nothing but a pair of shorts, sandals, and some sunglasses.
+1

Old 06-21-2006, 06:40 PM

You could be right, but either way, more often or not, squids are younger riders. In fact, in the past, I have had occasion to exhibit some squidly behavior. Maybe young is the wrong phrase. How about immature. Squid behavior tends to decipate with maturity(in attitude) and riding experience, not to say that even more mature (again in attitude) riders don't push the limits from time to time, we just repect our bikes, our lives and the lives of others more. Like I say in my prior post, squid is a state of mind, so in that respect anyone can be a squid. Didn't mean to insult our younger members, guess its kind of like profiling for terrorists....we don't mean to, but if you fit the profile....

Old 06-22-2006, 11:49 AM

We have tons of them out here. Its pathetic, straight out of that retarded movie "biker boys". They do a lot of sitting around and posing with their nikes untied, pants hangin off their ***, or wearin jogging suits that match their blinged out suzuki (thank god that last rap video didn`t have a honda in it) with chrome everything and 15 foot swingarms. When the bikes actually run they drive like ****, cut people off, rev non stop and burn the back tires off with no thought for the people around them. They simply own bikes to try impressing everyone with a rolling billboard of how "thugin" they are, but have no idea what it is to love the sport and the ride.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:23 PM

AZ I think ur definetly right about it being a maturity thing mostly. I know that if i woulda had the money to buy the R1 i wanted to get when i was 17 years old i wouldnt be sittin here right now. Im glad i waited cause now i can respect the bike alot more than i would have if i were younger. I probly woulda been one of those little ******** that sit there and just try to impress all the girls i see by doin a wheelie or somethin. My luck i woulda bit it right in front of one of them. [sm=outcold.gif]