Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i...am a squid

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i...am a squid

broke the cardinal rule today: no riding when pissed.

don't EVER make the same mistake. ended up catching some air in the twisties. that was...4.5 hours ago, my legs are still shaking. yea. don't be stupid.[:@]

probably gonna get flamed to hell for this post, but its just a warning to those who may think its ok to ride when your head isnt on right. its not. seriously.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:08 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Default RE: i...am a squid

I'm guilty of doing that once. I was really pissed until I scared the **** out of myself, then I calmed down and went home. Was an excellent cure for my mood, but I'm afraid one day I won't JUST get scared...

Old 03-30-2008, 10:11 PM
RCR

Explain "catching some air in the twisties"?

Old 03-30-2008, 10:14 PM

If you made it home, you learned something. Be safe out there, bro.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCR

Explain "catching some air in the twisties"?
I hope it doesn't pertain to "my body flying through the air" or anything like that.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:20 PM

Was that you in the MotoGP today?

Old 03-30-2008, 11:23 PM

damn. i gotta start prefacing my posts on my stupidity with: *WAS NOT A CRASH*.

there is a little spot on a local back road where the road goes up, then drops down a little. i was having one of my down days (slightly bi-polar)...and in that state of mind, i seemed invincible. i dont know why i was doing what i was doing...almost dragging knee in just jeans...stupid stuff like that. well, i make it aronud this corner with some speed (actually held a really good line) and as i approach that part of teh road where it goes up, i decide to goose the throttle. front comes up, and when i go to tap the rear brake to bring it back down, i get...nothing. in that same instant, i instinctivly threw my body up as far on the tank as i could to drop the front. felt the rear wheel touch down, followed by the front.

...the rest of the ride home was a really, really slow one.

again. PLEASE, do NOT ride if you're not in the right state of mind.
now that im home...looking back at what i did...im kicking my ***. ...which will be followed by the gf kicking my ***....
learn from my mistake...and not from a hard lesson. please. i didnt post this to get pitty points, or whatever...just to point out that when you're not all there, you really should just hide the keys.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:27 PM

i agree that the power wrapped up in that right clip-op is a seriously, SERIOUSLY dangerous way to cope with anger or agression. if i have to ride mad, i try to completely disconnect from my emotional self and focus on the road.. Yo Socale got some skills! caught 30 ft of air and kept it rubber side down! Props for recognizing the source of the problem and not blaming it on that illusive patch of sand lol.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Banned

Dude, why would you tell your gf? Don't you know little things like this that you have learned on your own will only get thrown in your face in the future?
I will never explain my rides in detail to my family or loved ones. It usually goes like this: Q: "How was your ride" A: "Good, really peacefull. I was able to clear my mind and let go of some stress"

After answering this way a few dozen times, my family and gf's usually dont ask anymore.

Good to hear nothing seriously happened.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Retired Moderator

Thanks for sharing that, Socal. It is a very important thing to hear from time to time!

Quick Reply: i...am a squid