Problems with my 2017 cbr 1000rr traction control

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my 2017 cbr 1000rr traction control

Just bought a 2017 1000rr .seems like the electronics is kicking in when I have the traction control off. causing a little bit of what I can only explain is bogging or maybe the electronics subtly turning the traction control on and off again.

anyone else having this problem?

Old 09-08-2018, 10:39 PM

Yea huh?

Old 09-11-2018, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Surely it's under warranty...? I wouldn't do anything that'd void it without having a tech look at it. That's a significant investment

As with any litrebike, abrupt fueling is super common with this model. Are you sure that's not the problem? Have you ruled out chassis, wheels out of balance/alignment, ABS, or suspension? What work (if any) has been done to the bike so far?

You'll need to isolate the problem to have a chance at diagnosis. Could pull the TCS fuse to see if it makes a difference. Check it at a variety of engine speeds, and try to get a precise idea of exactly what the issue is. It's probably a good idea to search the forum to see if anyone else is having the same issue. It's generally recommended to hit the search button before starting a new thread - especially with something this new that won't necessarily have a lot of community knowledge the way a 10 year old bike would (ie, the more times we have to fix something, the more we learn about it)

Hope that helps

Old 09-11-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by tentacleslap
Surely it's under warranty...? I wouldn't do anything that'd void it without having a tech look at it. That's a significant investment

As with any litrebike, abrupt fueling is super common with this model. Are you sure that's not the problem? Have you ruled out chassis, wheels out of balance/alignment, ABS, or suspension? What work (if any) has been done to the bike so far?

You'll need to isolate the problem to have a chance at diagnosis. Could pull the TCS fuse to see if it makes a difference. Check it at a variety of engine speeds, and try to get a precise idea of exactly what the issue is. It's probably a good idea to search the forum to see if anyone else is having the same issue. It's generally recommended to hit the search button before starting a new thread - especially with something this new that won't necessarily have a lot of community knowledge the way a 10 year old bike would (ie, the more times we have to fix something, the more we learn about it)

Hope that helps
Thank you sir

Old 09-18-2018, 02:40 AM

Positive the TC is actually OFF?
That's sounds like the TC is ON and functioning... HATE TC... getting ready to exit a turn so start rolling your wrist.. BUT.. Then the engine feels and sounds boggy.. That's TC in action for ya... Ready to snap your wrist up an onramp BUT.. the motor boggs down and slowly revs up.. TC in action.. its job is to take all the sharpness.. the quick throttle response and toss it away.. Baaaaaaawaaawaawaawawawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... instead of waaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... kinda thing.. that's TC.. so just guessing maybe its not turning off