Cons of the 1000RR???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cons of the 1000RR???

Disclaimer

Before i get flamed on my first post in this forum, i'd like to make it clear i'm on a fact finding mission of the 1000RR. I looking for all of you experienced riders and 1000RR owners what you dislike about your bike, but most importantly any MECHANICAL ISSUES you've come across. I've been doing a lot of research lately and I"m looking into getting a 1000cc. I've spent 4 years on a YZF 600cc and now i'm looking to buy a new bike.

Just so we're not bashing the 1000RR, things i've learned from the R1 forum: R1 runs very very hot. On hot days your *** boils from the undertail exhuast. Yamaha's are know for a ticking that comes from the valvetrain. This issue is known, but poses no real problems. Basically the tolerances betweent the cam lifters and the cam lobe itself as such that it produces a ticking if the tolerances are near the max. Mind you, I'd prefere a ticking then not have the valves close completely. Also, the R1 has been known to have some problems with it's TPS (throttle position sensors). Guys have complained about the bike cutting out. Although it's not a majority problem it's covered under warranty.

So ignore the R1 rant, please let me know what kind of issues you've come across on your 1000RR. I would really appreciate the input. I've only sat on the bike at the dealership and love the rider position. Electronic steering damper is a plus and overall jsut looks good. I'm not concerned how it performs against a GiXXER or a R1 or ZX-10r. Performance i can learn from a magazine. What i really want to know from you is the mechanical side and the opinions of 1000R owners. THANKS A MILLION BOYS.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Cons of the 1000RR???

Alls you need to know is, its fast ,reliable,looks good and lasts well in all weathers.

I`ve heard of problems with cam chain tensioners but never had any myself in the 9000 miles i`ve rode since Feb this year. I`ve not had one single problem so far.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:43 PM

Paint Quality suckssssssss!!!! Paint is way to soft and all parts should be clear coated!

Old 09-06-2005, 03:48 PM

Owned it since AUG '04 not one problem of any kind so far, honestly can't even think of anything I don't like about this one and I've owned plenty of different bikes in the past (even other honda's) and always had gripes about something, not saying that something couldn't arise but nothing at all to this point

Old 09-06-2005, 05:32 PM

Good input. Keep it coming boys.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:32 PM

Good input. Keep it coming boys.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:22 PM

The brakes seem to fade a little faster than the other liter bikes.
The helmet 'lock' just plain sucks!! There is a strap, I heard Honda did that because the rear was so wide, but cut that strap and someone has a helmet!
Other than that, I love it.

Old 09-06-2005, 08:39 PM

I have not had any trouble, but my friend had her stator blow up ( literally a smoking mess), but she did crash it at a trackday a few weeks earlier, so that may have had a little to do with it

Old 09-06-2005, 10:09 PM

Maybe the trunk space, theres really nothing you can do to the space of your trunk and plus why would you have a big trunk space on the track, what im really trying to say is that this bike is meant to be ridden on the track and anywhere you want to go fast.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:33 PM

its something you would expect from the undertail exhaust, but it does get a little warm. it first gets the right leg and maybe ankle where the pipe comes up uner the back. after sitting a while, your butt gets a little warm too. my passengers have told me it gets warm back there for them too. thats only if your sitting around a lot though. if your moving and keeping the bike temp down, its good. the air just takes the warm air away.

the front fairing seems a little shaky and i havent been able to find a fairing stay yet. dont even know if one exists.

putting flush mounts on the front is a pain because the hole behind the existing signals is really 2 small ones and you would have to cut to put a nice pair on.

other than that, i cant think of much. maybe a few other small things

Quick Reply: Cons of the 1000RR???