Cons of the 1000RR???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cons of the 1000RR???

Thats funny about the seat. Someone else told me that too, telling me to replace the seat firsth thing. The Ducati I was riding had a seat like a freaking plank, the cbr feels like a couch to me. I guess it is all perspective.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:30 AM

Apologize for the long review up front... CG is farther forward then ALL the other 1K's creating stability and feel I've never experienced with the other makes having ridden the 03' GSXR, 04' R1 and crazy nose to sky off the line 04' ZX-10... But, if you're a wheelie freak it does lend a bit of opposition if you don't give a slight pull on the bars - or maybe that's dependent upon my 230lbs of lard holding her down a bit. Lighter riders may have a different take on this? She doesn't drop into the lean or brake as easily(very, very minor) as the others, but maybe the added weight difference gives her a better feel of being planted once the turn has been executed into the apex. I had the 05' CBR 900 with the nervous 16 inch front (no steering dampner added) which begged for the lean a bit more... Since I'm used to slidding the rear before turn entry the slipper clutch isn't much of a factor, but then again it could be an extraordinary asset for late braking opportunities which I'm not familiar with so that could be an issue I would consider - not so much after riding without one for so long for myself... Seat is standard Honda, but I slide well across it with no hinderance - longer distance rides does implicate discomfort, but I'm not a straight and level kind of rider anyway. Sure the Honda is not the fastest straight line performer, but then I don't equate straight line drag strip performance as true sport rider capability anyway. Get the Busa or New 06' 1400 Kwaka if you desire eye peeling straight-line performance. Grips will be changed eventually since they are a bit thin, but that is rider dependent. Power delivery smooth, stability which instills rider confidence beyond reproach as well the normal fit/finish so far seem unsurpassed! I'll have to make that assessment at the 5 year mark since I tend to keep my rockets for 8-10 years so it's really too early to tell based on longevity. I'm a Bridgestone fan, so the Perelli Corsa's take some getting used too, but that is rider dependent as well. I "personally" equate Hondas as the Hewlet Packard of computers which maintain proven technology before release, unlike Gateway/Dell which promote the fastest chips as soon as they come out without being AS tried/true/tested as HP. Gateway/Dell = Kawasaki's, etc which as you've seen have come out with the most power and crazy handling(no steering dampner 05 and below) and play catch up in other areas with MAJOR refinements to their products as time progresses, just look at the MAJOR revision of the 06' ZX-10 with frame, Ohlins steering dampner, fairing revision and undertail exhaust additions... Yamaha tends to keep their revisions minimal like Honda since they're starting point was right from the beginning for the most part, although I did get quite warm(dual undertail exhaust) in city traffic on board my friends 04' R1. For myself and many others, there is no substitute for a ride that makes the rider focus on their own capabilities vs just being able to handle the beast beneath! I must admit the 05 GSXR 1K must be an increase in most areas as their 20th anniversary edition, but the comparible fit/finish/reliability must be taken into account if you don't swap iron horses frequently. Ride Red! RED RUM, REDRUM (Murder backwards if your not a movie finatic)... Just my forgettable 2 cents! And be safe out there!

Old 11-30-2005, 12:22 PM

My damn front tire keeps coming off the ground....

Old 11-30-2005, 12:53 PM

Maybe I got the 110HP edition.... Maybe I need to change out the rubber....[] Maybe I'm to scared to jack the throttle all the way back at once....[>:] Correction, she does rise but not like the Kwaka and earlier GSXR... more controllable and the airbox loves the cooler air now... Maybe I should stop whining and shut the hell up! Number 4 is a winner! Please don't tell me you weigh more than 200lbs easily.... If so, I'm headed off to the nearest Dyno cus me thinks me gots a Katana 600 wrapped in Repsol clothing...kidding of course! Thanks again for the sticker site Roxy!

Old 11-30-2005, 01:34 PM

I weigh 215 lbs and the bike has 1900 miles on it. This is the first literbike I`ve owned and I found for the first month and a half I had it, I was never suicidle enough to go WOT in the upper RPMs. Since then, I have realized the grip turns alot more than I thought and I cant open it up until second gear. (the front comes up quick at about 9K in first) These bikes are just awesome. I was amazed the first time my shift light made me see 104 MPH in second gear and its not even near redline....

Old 11-30-2005, 04:32 PM

my 1000RR's almost perfect except for

- an over-drive indicator
- a helmet lock

i am all for functionality rather than power so add-ons that i'd like to see are

- GPS
- fuel gauge
- tire pressure sensors
- mirrors w/fuzzy logic (oh well i'm being just trivial now)

Old 11-30-2005, 04:32 PM

Dropping the clutch will getter up, but not my favorite means of one rubber up! I'll resize my grip to get all the twist I need in the future. It certainly does pull lilke a .....! aaaand your first gear/2nd interpretation is dead on! I'm thoroughly enjoying the beast by all means! Not a wheelie monger by any means, but it's always a kick to come out of a hard left/right sweep and plant her rear to the ground with some front rise giving me the MOTOGP feel what little I can emulate.... and that's what I appreciate.

[:'(] Just realized I have one major grip about this bike and ALL THE OTHERS! There are no front shield supports attached to the frame which normally get in the way of other riders I suppose, but it was relatively easy to mount my radar detector as well as another resting place for one hand when riding upright in relaxed mode on my former 900RR! I know I'm quibbling, but I really do miss this feature - streamlined NO, functional Yes! Must be just me!

Old 11-30-2005, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: AirGuardian

Maybe I got the 110HP edition.... Maybe I need to change out the rubber....[] Maybe I'm to scared to jack the throttle all the way back at once....[>:] Correction, she does rise but not like the Kwaka and earlier GSXR... more controllable and the airbox loves the cooler air now... Maybe I should stop whining and shut the hell up! Number 4 is a winner! Please don't tell me you weigh more than 200lbs easily.... If so, I'm headed off to the nearest Dyno cus me thinks me gots a Katana 600 wrapped in Repsol clothing...kidding of course! Thanks again for the sticker site Roxy!

All cos of the geometrics of the beast, ours is 1410mm long the kawa zx-10 for example is 1380mm long and boy can they feel that 3cm difference, i love it whilst there wrestling the beast to keep it under control i open the throttle squat forward and laugh my **** off. `swhy i got a Honda!!

Old 11-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That and the 1kRR's weight is balanced better and lower than the kaw -- but I'll give the kaw props too... it's a bad boy too.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:16 AM

Readin this makes me so glad i decided on a cbr1000. Cant wait till spring for the 06's!

Lets hear some more reviews.

Quick Reply: Cons of the 1000RR???