My first PCIII install questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first PCIII install questions

[hr]

I am buyinga usedPcIII (1000rr.net), but his bike is an 05 and mine is an 06. I already talked to Dynojet they said it should be fine the only difference is when you buy it new is the map they come with.

This is my first PCIII and i want to do everything myself, I have a connection at a dyno shop so it is failry cheap to get dyno time. My question, Since i am buying it used... Will i have to erase everything and reload a new map? Can i do it before i install it? I don't want to get the thing installed and realize that my bike wont run...

Sorry for the noob questions but this is my first PC setup.[/align]

Old 03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Default RE: My first PCIII install questions

just go to dynojet website and download a temp map that will suit your bike until you get it mapped specifically.

[/align]

Old 03-06-2008, 10:46 PM

Yeah, I installed the map after I hooked everything up. Just down loaded the one I needed and hooked the laptop up to the PCIII via USB. Pretty easy. You can also download the users manual from their website. The hardest part about the install was getting to those damn injectors. [:@] Their a pain in the butt.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:28 PM

You can hook up a 9V battery to the unit if it came with the adaptor and install the new map before you install it, or you can do as lungfish did and just program it later. The whole thing takes about 2-3 minutes if you haven't already downloaded the map and 1/2 a minute if you have...super simple. As for mounting - things are pretty tight up under that seat. I got mine right behind the tail light and behind the "U-lock support" that's molded into the plastic under there. Took a little trimming, but that left room for other stuff under there and I can still get to the programming port. Good luck!

Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Good call Zero, I forgot about the 9V battery hookup on that thing. Are you talking about the area behind where you rear call where the cowl actually locks or the little metal thing that is right in front of the tail light. I couldn't get mine to fit right in front of the tail light so I stuck it upside down in the right big hollow section of the fairing. If you actually got your to fit in front of the tail light I might have to try and relocate. It's getting cramped in there with PCIII, bike alarm, and the little tool kit (if you can call it that).

Old 03-08-2008, 12:13 AM

just remember to rest things every no and than youll need to reload the map and re sync the throtle every few months

Old 03-08-2008, 10:51 PM

Mine is actually sitting in the farthest area back in the tail section (if you took the rear seat/cowl off and looked down you'd be able to see just a small section of the box). I had to trim just a little bit of plastic from the thick plastic fender tray to get it to fit in there, but it sits nicely and very accessible. I had to put it there because I have two HID ballasts under the pass. seat cowl as well. Hatebreed...why do you need to reload the Map? I thought once you loaded it to the power commander, it was there to stay until you changed it.