1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

PCIII USB and exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII USB and exhaust questions

Just picked up a 2004 1000RR and it has a PCIII USB in it already. My question on that is what is the best way to learn on how to use this thing? Is it just like a Standalone EMS for a car? As for exhaust it has a Termignoni system on it. Are these any good? Moving over for the car tuning world and don't know much about sportbike aftermarket. Thanks

Old 01-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCIII USB and exhaust questions

Nothing realy to learn , you have a good exhaust and a PCIII that is probably maped for that pipe.
It's one of those things that you just leave alone and enjoy.

What is a Power Commander ?
The PC is a fuel injection and ignition timing (on some models) adjustment unit that plugs "inline" with the bikes' stock ECU. The PC uses original equipment style connectors so that no splicing or cutting of the harness is required. Most installations take less than 15 minutes, some as little as 5 minutes. Changes are made to the bikes fuel and ignition curves via the PC's onboard microprocessor. Using this technology we are able to offer a large area of adjustment without making any permanent changes to the bikes' ECU (electronic control unit). Removing the PC returns the bike to its previous stock condition. The Power Commander can be ordered preprogrammed with a your choice of several settings, based on the modifications to your bike. The unit also comes complete with software and cable link that allows you to change between different maps or make adjustments to a map file.