Modification help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modification help

I picked up my new Red/Black 06 1000RR on Tuesday from Champion Honda on Long Island. In the process of breaking it in and scrubbing up the tires. I still have about a ¼ inch of chicken track to scrub up before I feel comfortable about aggressive leaning (new tires, cool temp, cold road).
I need help on some cosmetic mods. Right now it is bone stock! I have been hearing that a lot of after market products are not available for the new 06 1KRR yet.
I really need to get some frame sliders. A small price to pay to save on future plastic and frame repairs. I am leaning (no pun intended) towards Shogun, Vortex or Lockhart Phillips sliders if or when available. I have not seen any of these products up close and personal, only web site pictures. I am also considering bar ends, front fork sliders and swing arm spools. Are the bar ends, front fork sliders and swing arm spools effective and worth the money? Any recommendations on the sliders already installed on the 06 would be great.
Also considering the CA integrated tail light and fender eliminator from Competitionwerkes or Fendereliminators. A buck forty for the eliminator appear steep for a bracket. Am I missing something? I don’t need the directional lights because of the integrated taillight, right? Please enlighten me, I’m way confused.
What are you using for flush mounts on the front? Again, after market product availability for the 06 model is limited. I think Greggscustoms will work but not positive.
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Default RE: Modification help

Im in the same boat as you on the fender eliminator...I dont need the signals either because i have the C.A integrated taillight...I will probably fab one myself...or at least give it a whirl before i drop $150...btw, the C.A. integrated will fit 03-06 600RR's and 04-06 1000RR's... Got mine from www.hardracing.com for $90

I have the Front LED's from Watson Design(not really flush, but close enough) with the running light module that powers them at 1/2 power full time and full power when you hit the signal....well worth the extra $12... Only ones i found that had the option for running lights with LED's. I have some pics of them in my gallery if you want to check them out...I used the suplied resistors for te fronts and rear and the blinkrate is just like stock. Went with the watsons because the were very visible from the front and also from the side

www.watsendesign.com

Stick some sylvania silverstars in the headlight too while your at it...itll be te best $30 you spend....Really White beams and allot brighter than the stockers

Old 04-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Comp Werks fender eliminator kit, the LTD version, on my 600 and have the same one on order for the 1000. It is a real quality system made of stainless steel. It tucks deep under the tail and mounts real clean as well as comes with a light so you will stay legal if that is important to you.

One thing to note on the 06 1000's is that the front signal mounting locations are deeper set then the 04/05 models. Gregg's have already made a new front signal specifically for the 06 and Watsen is in the process of making one and it should be out in a week or two. I have the Greggs on the 600 but plan on going with the Watsen's with the running lights for the 1000. By the way when I talked to Watsen they told me they can make their signals in any color to perfectly match your plastics. I plan on going with black to contrast with the red.

Wofpack, what is the Sylvania light model number?

Old 04-01-2006, 11:06 AM

I got a twin pack of H7's from AutoZone for $30...They sell them in singles and twin packs...if you buy 2 singles they will cost $10 more for the set...Had to go to 2 different autozones before i found the twin-packs....

Now the markerlight looks yellow in comparison...I remember seeing someone with a replacement buld for this that had 4-6 LED's built in it but i cannot find it anywhere now...I tried the "superwhite" in this bulb size and it still looks yellow compared to the silverstars..