Brake MC Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake MC Help

Hey guys I have a 99 F4 with a 1000 front swap I did but i'm having MC issiues..

here are some pics

Name:  DSC03645.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  117.8 KB
Name:  DSC03646.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  76.3 KB
Name:  DSC03644.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  96.2 KB
Name:  DSC03636.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  69.1 KB

What I did was fill the rezie with fluid unbolt the lines from the calipers till it started having fluid coming outa them... then I bolted them back on the caliper then took the bleeder screw off and kept applying the break till the fluid was coming out of the bleeder then tighten the bleeder down then did the other side same way tighten it down... and then I go hit the brake lever nothing no tightness just a spong I dunno if the MC is bad or not ordered it from Ebay

Old 06-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Double check all of the banjo bolts, make sure that they are properly tightened. I use new crush washers every time I change anything. If there is even a tiny leak at these connections, it won't firm up. It can be extra troubling at the connections with the double hose connections.

Hope this helps, Ern

Old 06-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boyo
Hey guys I have a 99 F4 with a 1000 front swap I did but i'm having MC issiues..

here are some pics

What I did was fill the rezie with fluid unbolt the lines from the calipers till it started having fluid coming outa them... then I bolted them back on the caliper then took the bleeder screw off and kept applying the break till the fluid was coming out of the bleeder then tighten the bleeder down then did the other side same way tighten it down... and then I go hit the brake lever nothing no tightness just a spong I dunno if the MC is bad or not ordered it from Ebay
It sounds to me that you just fed some oil through the lines, you didn't actually bleed anything.

You started off correctly to get some brake oil in the system but what you then have to do is:
  1. Use a little bottle to catch the bled brake fluid (attach this with a clear line to the bleed nipple). Make sure there is some brake fluid in the bottle so air doesn't get sucked back up the line.
  2. Pump the lever a few times to get some pressure in the system
  3. WHILST holding the lever, slightly undo the bleeder nipple and push the lever until it touches the grip.
  4. Close the bleeder nipple BEFORE letting go of the lever
  5. Let go of the lever
  6. Back to step one.
Go back and forth on the left and right calipers (if you can also at the MC if it also has a bleeder nipple). Until the fluid in the clear line has no air bubbles. Also make sure there is always brake fluid above the minimum level in the reservoir. It the level is too low it might pull in air and you can start over again! Go back and forth until you have a nice firm lever.

I suggest Googling how to's and Youtube some vids to help you out.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:10 AM

It was the top banjo bolt was the issiue its all working now !! thanks for the help

Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=Boyo;1068919]It was the top banjo bolt was the issiue its all working now !! thanks for the help[/QUOTE

forget what I said i'm still having issues.

So I checked each of the bleeder nipples and saw the left caliper was screwed to far down compared to its mate on the right. So I fixed it and started with the bleeder screw at the MC and it was nice and no air coming out pure fluid. I did the right caliper it had a nice stream coming out of it and the same was said about the left one. After bleeding the system I went to sleep I woke up the next morning and tried to move my bike in neutral a little bit but found the brakes was catching again do I need to rebuild the MC?