08 1000rr brand new $7999++

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TBagr
a FREE lifetime ENGINE WARRANTY kicks ***! that is spankin. ihope you never need it but i had the very first engine failure on the 08. they rebuilt the entire bottom end on mine. and yes i bought the extended warraty but this was at like 3k miles so still under initial warranty.
I currently have an issue with Southern Honda on the free lifetime engine warranty that was supposed to be included with my purchase. The warranty is through a company called Interstate. When I received my warranty card from them recently I noticed on the card it listed their Diamond coverage and it expires in 5 years. After speaking with them they told me that it covers pretty much everything on the bike. They would not tell me the difference in cost of a lifetime engine warranty versus the 5-yr Diamond that I received, since they said they only sell these things through a dealer.

I've faxed and emailed several people at Southern Honda over the past two weeks about this but no one has contacted me yet. I'm not sure if I will still have the bike in 5 years but it would be nice to have received everything I was promised during the sale.

I also bought a 5-yr Honda Care extended warranty through Southern the day I bought the bike. Unlike the lifetime engine warranty through Interstate the Honda Care is transferable to a new owner if I sell it before the 5 years is up. I have not received any paperwork on that yet. I would hope that Southern isn't trying to pull a fast one and substituting this Interstate warranty for the genuine Honda extended warranty that I paid $439 extra for. The finance person at the time of the sale said it takes up to 30-60 days for paperwork to arrive. That will be early February. I'm waiting.

If Southern thinks that just because I live 450 miles away from their dealership I will not hop on my bike and ride down there and confront them in person they thought wrong. Right now I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I currently have an issue with Southern Honda on the free lifetime engine warranty that was supposed to be included with my purchase. The warranty is through a company called Interstate. When I received my warranty card from them recently I noticed on the card it listed their Diamond coverage and it expires in 5 years. After speaking with them they told me that it covers pretty much everything on the bike. They would not tell me the difference in cost of a lifetime engine warranty versus the 5-yr Diamond that I received, since they said they only sell these things through a dealer.

I've faxed and emailed several people at Southern Honda over the past two weeks about this but no one has contacted me yet. I'm not sure if I will still have the bike in 5 years but it would be nice to have received everything I was promised during the sale.

I also bought a 5-yr Honda Care extended warranty through Southern the day I bought the bike. Unlike the lifetime engine warranty through Interstate the Honda Care is transferable to a new owner if I sell it before the 5 years is up. I have not received any paperwork on that yet. I would hope that Southern isn't trying to pull a fast one and substituting this Interstate warranty for the genuine Honda extended warranty that I paid $439 extra for. The finance person at the time of the sale said it takes up to 30-60 days for paperwork to arrive. That will be early February. I'm waiting.

If Southern thinks that just because I live 450 miles away from their dealership I will not hop on my bike and ride down there and confront them in person they thought wrong. Right now I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt.
I bought my CBR from them on 10/31 and haven't yet received the lifetime engine warranty package yet, or even a card. Around a month after buying my bike I bought the 4-year HondaCare warranty as well, which I also do not have the paperwork for yet. I just put a call in to them today...

Old 01-18-2010, 10:34 AM

Were they offering the free lifetime engine warranty with yours? If so, you should have received the papers and warranty card on that by now. If you have it does it say Diamond coverage on the card and expires in 5 years or the lifetime coverage?
Yes they were offering the lifetime engine warranty then, but I haven't yet received a card or anything for it.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ProMed
Yes they were offering the lifetime engine warranty then, but I haven't yet received a card or anything for it.
Sorry, in my haste to reply I didn't completely read the details in your first message.

Anyway, I received my Interstate warranty things in a timely manner but, as I mentioned, it is not what was agreed to at the time of sale. Here is my warranty card with the Diamond coverage listed and the 5-yr limit - not lifetime. Perhaps we can schedule a day and meet with them together.

Attached Thumbnails 08 1000rr brand new 99++-warranty-card.jpg  
Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 AM

Sorry, in my haste to reply I didn't completely read the details in your first message.

Anyway, I received my Interstate warranty things in a timely manner but, as I mentioned, it is not what was agreed to at the time of sale. Here is my warranty card with the Diamond coverage listed and the 5-yr limit - not lifetime. Perhaps we can schedule a day and meet with them together.
I just got off the phone with Honda Finance: 800-555-3496 Spoke with Candy and told her my story, my information had not been entered into the Honda system yet. Candy then called Southern with me on 3-way. We spoke to 3 different people and finally got the same lady in finance that I had already left a couple of messages with.

After reassuring Pam (the lady at Southern) several times I did in fact purchase an actual HondaCare warranty and not Interstate, and telling her I have the Honda Financial Services contract right in front of me she finally said that she herself would enter me into the system right then.

I then asked her about the Interstate lifetime engine warranty and things just got weird on the phone. She said they would send me the paperwork that will prove I have coverage, I told that they had already done this twice. However, what they send me is a generic looking contract with no mention of Interstate, no warranty #, no contact #, nothing. Pam insist this is all I need for the lifetime engine warranty. When I asked her how would I get a dealer to do warranty work with this she insisted it would work. LMAO.

Long story short, Candy at Honda said to call her back this afternoon and she would confirm if Pam entered my info into the system yet or not, at the end of our phone call she said that Pam had not yet signed into their system.

Last edited by ProMed; 01-18-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:28 AM

Update #2
Spoke with Interstate from the phone# on their website. Found out my last name had been misspelled, which they corrected. Also, she didn't know why I had not gotten my card/ paperwork yet and said they would send it out right away along with my full contract. She did confirm that this was for a "lifetime engine internals" warranty and that repairs could be done at any licensed repair facility.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:34 PM

Sounds like that dealer is being super shady. Ill never go there thats for sure.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by jimbo69ny
Sounds like that dealer is being super shady. Ill never go there thats for sure.
I don't blame you, not sure if I would go back either. The upside with Southern Honda Powersports is a great price, the downside is that they are so busy you just do not get a very personal level of support.

Everything seems to be figured out with both of my warrantys now. I'm not sure if they were being shady or just sloppy. Oh well.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Default I'll help with your warranty issues.

Hey, guys.

I'm Anthony Sims, Marketing Director for Southern Honda. This thread perked a lot of ears up here at the dealership. Hopefully I can offer some help.

First, any of you that wants to contact me directly can send an email to asims@southernhonda.com. You can also contact our Finance & Insurance manager, Dava Griffith, directly at dgriffith@southernhonda.com.

Next, a big apology for ANY of you that had ANY trouble with ANY part of our business. A vast majority of our sales come from word of mouth and repeat customers, so fixing the sort of issues described in this thread are really, really important to everyone here that draws a paycheck.

As for the various warranties either included or purchased with our bikes, let me assure you they are all legit. Interstate is not some remote third party warranty company that we peddle for, but actually a local partner that helps us create powersports specific coverage that fills in gaps or extends limits of factory warranties. While they administer the warranties for us and handle most of the paperwork, let me be clear that any product you buy from us is backed up by us.

I've seen my general manager pay a transmission bill over the phone with his credit card for a Gold Wing Trike rider who was on a cross-country trip, so hopefully that gives you all an indication of how we feel about our warranties.

And finally, thanks for bringing these problems up. That may sound like corporate b/s, but the fact is we run a gigantic operation (42,000 machines sold since 2004), and sometimes when we're trying to keep up, we screw up. Keeping an eye on the forums lets us know what we're doing right and what we need to work on, and both of those things are vital to how we do business.

E-mail addresses once again:

Anthony Sims Jr.
Marketing Director
asims@southernhonda.com

Dava Griffith
Finance & Insurance Manager
dgriffith@southernhonda.com

If you all have ANY problems from here on out, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME. I'll raise mortal hell here until we figure it out.

ATGATT,
Anthony Jr.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for posting up Anthony, I have heard alot of good things about southern honda and this is really the first incident I personally heard of, but with the value of business you all get I would guess its hard to keep up n give each and every customer the attention they deserve. Keep the good work up!

Quick Reply: 08 1000rr brand new $7999++