CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Why do you ride a Hurricane?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very true, well said.
There is a reason why some of the same names come up regularly on the podium, and it's the same deal on the street. Hell, we've all seen them.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My story is simple and short. I've always had Honda's because of reliability. I had just laid down the previous bike and had trouble getting parts so I sold it. I didn't ride for about 3 months and got the itch again. A guys son from work had an 88 Cane with high mileage on it for $1500. Did some research (the internet and this site is great) and found many bike with high mileage still running fine. Went over, checked it out and it was a CROTCH ROCKET! My bikes had always been cruisers and I couldn't see how leaning over to ride would be comfortable. Told the kid I'd need to ride it for 3-4 hours to see if my knees and back would take that angle for long, he said fine. Ended up on a deserted country road filled with twisties and a 4 mile straight at the end. I cautiously took the first 2 corners and gradually poured on the power as she danced. When I got to the straight road I opened her up a bit and hit 115 MPH in a split second. Pulled over, sat down looked at her sleak lines and fell in love. Road back, wrote the check (after talking him down to $1200) and rode her home. My wife is a little suspicous because I keep this bike cleaner than any I've owned in the past 40 years. There, short and simple.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

10 outta 10 .......that's cool

Old 07-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Administrator - Retired

yep, good story sage.... What I like to hear.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 1000fj

totally agree with everything, being said, guys, I restored a 1988 jelly mold and i absolutely love riding him, called him badboy, coz he loves racing subaru's, dusts them, even with my biker chick on the back.

Bad boy is so responsive, all the way up to 11000 RPM,s ,loves being screwed, if you would call it that, na loves it, well maintained, spent a fortune on it, but got to say well worth every penny, turns heads, every time i take it to town

respect for this bike, hes awesome

Attached Thumbnails Why do you ride a Hurricane?-cbroriginal.jpg  
Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ahem treky...........man

Apparently, You have made it so #1 LOL

Old 07-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Pink Lady

I have a similar story to the rest.

I'd had bikes in my younger days from Yamaha's and Kawasakis to a good old Triumph Bonny then did the marriage thing. The first one hated bikes so I got rid of the one I had at the time, a Kawasaki 750 ltd as they were called in UK.

Did the DIVORCE thing from number one and got another bike. An XJ 900, not even the diversion. Got me wife No.2 and she loved bikes.

I had the 900 for 14 months and put 67000 miles on her. She was my only transport.

I moved and used to go to a town where the bikes met and there was this person with a CBR1000f that I loved the look of. The worst thing was that the guy treated the bike really badly (in my opinion) he'd put 4 into 1 exhausts on her and had her back firing all the time.

I had fallen in love with that bike and when I saw mine in the local bike shop I just walked in and bought her without telling the misses.

DIVORCE No.2...but I had my bike.

Since then I have chassed R1's GSXR1000's and all the others around the roads of the Scotish highlands and not one has got away from me even if I'm fully loaded with camping stuff.

I love my pink lady and am just about to get married again to number 4...number 3 was a non entity.

She loves the bike and keeps on at me to go out on it. The perfect relationship...shame I can't take the lady to the wedding.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Administrator - Retired

Why can't you take her to the wedding?

Old 07-05-2009, 09:55 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Why can't you take her to the wedding?
Too right! You can ride off into the sunset on your 'old lady' after the wedding , that would be coooool!

Will save a fortune in limo hire as well

Quick Reply: Why do you ride a Hurricane?