CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Why do you ride a Hurricane?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Porky Pies eh ? haven't heard that for a bit. LOL

Hair Spray .................tooooo much ya kill'd me with that one Pete.

Let me guess the owners name wuz Randy ! a 67 year old 290 pound
Dude with a hanky in the wrong back pocket.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:43 AM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Captain rides a Soft-tail and give me grief all the time bcause I don't ride a "real bike"...

""you a "teller of porkpies".
The thing's all brawn and no brain.........
I'm clearly not a "boss hoss fan" ""

""Nice shiny bucket of bolts""

LOL I am using those tomorrow AM!

I'll put up a pic of it tomorrow. All in all, as a machine its nice. It rumbles, has a good sound, and actually looks comfortable to ride, but other than that PULLLLEASE. I think its a turd and wieghs a TON. Too much CHROME, too much LEATHER, and TOO MUCH AQUA-TURQUOISE PAINT. Yes it is AQUA TURQUOISE. Looks like a sea otter puked some herring. We tell him its a girl's color and he gets pissed. Yer typicall older biker kinda guy...

He gets all loud untill I offer him a drag race lol. His speedo tops out a 120mph lol.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Butch hairdresser's ride, if it's that colour.
Ask to see if he's buffed his nails.
Guarantee it's a pink hanky in the backpocket....................
All chrome and no *****, prob like the owner...................
EEEEEEEEEK I hope I never meet him in a back alley - he may hit me with his handbag !
Boss Hoss ? Nah, more like Busted donkey..............120 MPH = hehehehehehehe

Old 06-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete...now you're killin' me, man....
So true.. so true...

Old 06-30-2009, 02:20 PM

Well, I'll be picking up my slightly used, 1994 CBR1000F with only 16K on the odometer later this week however, I have owned many CBRs in the past. My first street bike I purchased was an inventory leftover 1984 VF750F Interceptor in the fall of 1987. The original. A year later my best friend purchased a brand new 1988 CBR600F Hurricane from our local Honda dealer for $3,998.00 U.S. She was a beautiful charcoal gray with red highlights. It was the sharpest looking bike I had ever seen and made my poor old Interceptor look very dated. I lusted after that Hurricane for 2 more years until I finally purchased my very own in 1990. The last year of the CBR600 F1 in the United States. Mine was white with blue highlights, if anyone remembers. She had a whopping 90 horsepower! A lot for a 600 at the time. Before I purchased the CBR.... I'll never forget one night riding back home from college on my VF750F, I pulled up to a stop light and few seconds later a brand new 1988 Silver 1000F Honda Hurricane pulled up beside me. The guy had a beautiful girl on the back and he looked over at me, revved his engine a few times, looked back at the light, it turned green and he was gone! I had never seen a bike with that kind of acceleration before. I had always lusted after the 1000's ever since that moment I shared at the stop light so many years ago but, being in my early 20's at the time I could not afford the insurance for an open class bike and 600s would have to do for a while. Flash forward 25 years later and I'm finally making that dream come true. Although she'll be a 94' and not an 88'. None the less, I am looking forward to spending time and miles on this old girl as soon as possible.

CBRs that I've owned in the past:

New 1990 CBR600F1
New 1992 CBR600F2
New 1998 CBR900RR
New 2000 CBR929
Used 1994 CBR1000F

Old 06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ..................

Originally Posted by Shadow
Butch hairdresser's ride, if it's that colour.
Ask to see if he's buffed his nails.
Guarantee it's a pink hanky in the backpocket....................
All chrome and no *****, prob like the owner...................
EEEEEEEEEK I hope I never meet him in a back alley - he may hit me with his handbag !
Boss Hoss ? Nah, more like Busted donkey..............120 MPH = hehehehehehehe
Just in from a couple of Guinness with me Bro over form the auld sod.

Checked on my old girl .....she'll be ready Fri .....new seals an' bushings.

Waaahh hhhaaa haaa good one Pete

Hate to say it my man bit you've got the psych advantage over da boss
"My Captain" man now ............and the thing is deep down he knows it !

It's the difference between lookin' good and actually being all that and more.

Can't wait to hear how The Captian takes thiz razzin' !

Oh yeah the NOS bottle ............Official it's AquaNet.

Last edited by Sprock; 06-30-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Administrator - Retired

AquaNet is perfect..

CBR1000F94, I'm just curious... but which previous CBR did you like the most (other than the 1000F)?
Interested to know what you thought of each them. Likes/Dislikes?
Also, how about the power on the 929? Just wondering.. A friend of a friend is selling an '01 929 for a pretty good price..

Old 06-30-2009, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
AquaNet is perfect..

CBR1000F94, I'm just curious... but which previous CBR did you like the most (other than the 1000F)?
Interested to know what you thought of each them. Likes/Dislikes?
Also, how about the power on the 929? Just wondering.. A friend of a friend is selling an '01 929 for a pretty good price..

I would have to say I had the most fun on the 1998 Honda CBR900RR. It was more comfortable than you might think. I rode it from south Florida to North Carolina once to attend an early Honda Hoot event. There were more Gold Wings and ST1100s there than anything else though. I was asked a lot of questions about it's comfort level and long distance riding capabilities. I told them, they would be pleasantly surprised.

The 929 is a freaking wheelie machine! Incredible power and light weight. I think that is why you see so many stunt riders choose the 929 as their platform of choice. I enjoyed it while I had it. She was stolen unfortunately. I replaced it with my current race bike. A 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000.

The CBR600F2 was a great bike. The CBR600F1 was fantastic also. I loved how each felt very light and flickable into the corners and the instant acceleration they seemed to posses. Each of them met an untimely demise however. the F1 was involved in a head on collision with a drunk driver ( I survived with little more than a bruise on my left hip due to flying over the car, thankfully.) and the the F2 ended upside down with fluids leaking everywhere in a ditch due to me missing a blind left hander in the south eastern Indiana country side. That sucked! I only had her for 3 months. My racing career began shortly after that incident when I purchased a used Yamaha FZR400.

I've always loved the look of the CBRs and the incredible quality of the Hondas in general compared to the Kawasaki's, Yamahas and Suzukis that I've owned in the past.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Administrator - Retired

Great reply, bud.. thanks for the info.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hurricane 1000f is one of the fastest bike in the world if u know the secret and ingredients for speed...

Quick Reply: Why do you ride a Hurricane?