CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swapped out the red shorty levers I had installed for full legnth ones in polished and black. They fit my hands better.
I posted the red ones in the for sale section if anyone wants them.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Needed a battery - went for one of these ZIP AGM types on Ebay for $35.50 delivered

Old 01-14-2013, 03:44 AM
Banned

Finally got around to doing a DIY tyre change today. It was a little more labour intensive that I thought but I got it sorted. My tyre machine was very handy but to be honest I had better control over the wheel on the ground. Anyway I'm happy I got another DIY job done and saved some hard earned. Now I have the first one out of the way I'll know what the next one will bring. The Dyna beads were a little fiddly but with the help of an engraver they went in fine. A few were spilt along the way.....lol. Better order some more now to keep in stock. Its certainly a job thats not beyond the average DIY guy like me if you have the right tools.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Not 'done' so much as received

In the mail today, from Dub via Bordo arrived two beautiful bespoke stainless steel cooling system three way hose 'T's for the CBR1000F.

Thaks guys, they look great - and a truly international collaboration to get them here.

Cheers, SB

Old 01-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Banned

That answers my question from my other post in the Saloon !!!! Awesome mate. I'm glad they got there ok. I still haven't installed mine yet but will get around to it soon. They really are a well made item aren't they.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Managed to loose traction on the back wheel under moderate acceleration onto a motorway this evening. Boy those roads are getting slippery.
Cleaned her up after the ride, shortly after an underwear swap. Bloody hell that was scary.
I'll be starting on a new CCT mod at the end of the month. Thinking about making a couple extra for some additional road testing by yet unnamed (but you know who you are) UK members. I really miss my old one (bike, not member).
Mine soooooooooooooooo needs doing it's getting embarrassing. Sounds like a broken lawn mower every morning.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryM
Managed to loose traction on the back wheel under moderate acceleration onto a motorway this evening. Boy those roads are getting slippery.
Cleaned her up after the ride, shortly after an underwear swap. Bloody hell that was scary.
I'll be starting on a new CCT mod at the end of the month. Thinking about making a couple extra for some additional road testing by yet unnamed (but you know who you are) UK members. I really miss my old one (bike, not member).
Mine soooooooooooooooo needs doing it's getting embarrassing. Sounds like a broken lawn mower every morning.
Now Henry, don't forget your friends downunder!

Remember we still have another 5 months of excellent weather for beta testing CCT mods, then it deteriorates into just great weather.

Cheers, SB

Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I REALLY need one, our 'Enry, so me too please.........................

Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

recieved my radiator part too guys , thanks Bordo and Dub , and yes Henry there are ozzies with cam chain rattle too

Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Finally got around to getting my seat recovered.

In honor of Sebs visit next week, he won't have to sit on duct tape.

Slightly funny story though :

Me : "OK, how much to re-cover this seat?"

Upholstery Guy : "$120"

Me : "Sounds fair enough, two part question though; how quickly can you get it done?"

UG : "If you pay cash I can get it done this afternoon"

Me : "No problem, I can EFT/POS it when I pick it up"

UG : " No, I mean actual cash"

Me : " OK, I'll go and do a cash out at the servo, but mate, you need to be a bit more careful. I have just wandered in from the street; for all you know I could work for Inland Revenue, or be a friend of the owner, you probably need to be a bit more selective about the cash deal stuff"

Anyway, good result; I hope Seb's bum enjoys the upgrade.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?