CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saturday was a new tyre for the front, Michelin Road Pilot 2.
Cleaned up the front wheel properly while it was off,rubbed down and painted my forks satin black and fitted my new front mudguard (painted with anti-fanbelt paint)
Cleaned up my front calipers, just need to get my new pads and back on the road again

Old 08-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its not so much as what have i done to my cbr today but more like what will i do today. well, she is coming out of the garage for a clean, polish and a quick gease of the chain, as she hasn`t been used for 2 weeks, then she is going for a new front tyre as it is very flat around the middle and very very cupped on the edges. bummer....more money....but then, maybe a good...

Old 08-07-2009, 12:21 PM

Hmm, well last night I took the carbs off and re-set the mixture screws to the proper setting for the jets I put in last year. The mechanic I had install the jets set it too rich.

Then I re-installed them and balanced them. I was amazed at how well everything went.

Well, with one major exception. I moved the bike and set it on the sidestand and then started to wipe up some spilled coolant. Out of the corner of my eye I see the bike starting to go over. I dove for it but couldn't keep it up and down she went. Fortunately I hadn't put the plastics back on and there was no damage, just a scuff to the mirror.

I hate the sidestand on this bike. That's twice its fallen over when on the sidestand and many times that it has almost fallen but I normally check twice to make sure it won't fold up.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Default Replaced water pipe

The end broke off inside the largest of the 3 hoses and caused a coolant leak.

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-honda-water-pipe-004.jpg  

Last edited by Silentshooter; 08-08-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Introduced her to Speedway style cornering this morning...........*** end wigged out
on a wet greasy off ramp got within 2" of going dirt biking..........but she tucked in
and came out of it good..............planning some new rubber in earnest now !...4 sure

Old 08-13-2009, 05:56 PM

i took my big girl out tonight we played around for about 3hrs it was dull but dry when i got home it was dark so thats tomorrow night sorted out i will wash her down polish her up. i think i treat my bike better than my wife its great to get the toys out

Old 08-13-2009, 07:18 PM

Went for a long ride. Started in daylight and got home about 11.30, tomorrow I will have to top up the tank and wash, pollish and lube her up as Im off to Corwall early Saturday morning. A week in the sun I hope with some good roads to play on. Fingers crossed for the weather. The joy's of having 6 weeks off in the summer, bless the schools for having a long brake ah. When I get home the tyres should be just about worn out so clad I got a good deal on a pair of tyres last week. Local bike shop says they will fit them for £10 each if I take the wheels off, well pleased with that. Catch you guys later

Old 08-14-2009, 09:16 AM

I rigged up a tire changing station on my apartment's tiny back porch. Bolted a length of galvanized steel pipe vertically to the railing, nailed together some 2x4's so that two cross the top rail (the wheel rests on these, protecting the brake rotor from the railing and the railing from the rotor) and two below them cradle the rail and keep the cross pieces in place. Went to work with my new No-mar mount/demount bar, running back and forth from porch to computer so I could watch Sue at No-mar change tires and mimic her technique. Two hours and much cursing at Sue later, I had a new Pilot Road 2 mounted on my front wheel. Poured in the Dyna Beads. Projects for today are: change rear tire, install new rear brake pads, then try to get tire beads to seat.

Local dealer charges $100 to change tires ride in/ride out, $70 if you take him the wheels and tires. My $110 No-mar bar is going to pay for itself pretty quickly.

Craig

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?