CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Are there ever get-togethers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm up for it! The Dragon or Skyway area are great. Made it there twice this year. The NE coast would be new for me but a good destination when it warms up. I was in Vermont in July. Put'n a bunch of Hurricanes together would be damb fun. Let's make it happen!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprockaholic
Dave..........man ........ride up ............we'll go for as much Lobsters as we can eat
take dozens of pics..............and y'll hear Shadow howling clear across the ocean.]
I just DID ride up there! Rode up there for my cousin's wedding in NH, then rode back...was a great trip. I might be convinced to do it again next spring

Old 10-26-2009, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by cb2cbr
I'm up for it! The Dragon or Skyway area are great. Made it there twice this year. The NE coast would be new for me but a good destination when it warms up. I was in Vermont in July. Put'n a bunch of Hurricanes together would be damb fun. Let's make it happen!
Cool! My place is a great stopping point between Cincy and The gap. When we do the trip you're welcome to come here first then continue on, either with me, or on your own schedule. Keep it in mind...

Old 10-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dietDrThunder
Cool! My place is a great stopping point between Cincy and The gap. When we do the trip you're welcome to come here first then continue on, either with me, or on your own schedule. Keep it in mind...
keep the momentum going here Guys ......I know I'll make the time
one way or the other no matter where we agree to go.

Dragons Tail would be new for me ........I'd go ..........have to prep Mrs Sprock for it well in advance though.........buy her a really nice sofa or something

There ya go hunny.........now I'm off ****en riding to TN with me buds ...LOL

Suffice as to say............I'm in ........might be divorced after ......but I'm in ..........LOL

OR ( if she gives me the old negatory good buddy) then..........

Bike goes into shop for some work for a week or two in advance

Pure coincidence & unexpectedly Sprocky goes on a biznezz trip about the same time ........the sneaky bastard .......LOL

Last edited by Sprock; 10-26-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bike goes into shop for some work for a week or two in advance
Pure coincidence & unexpectedly Sprocky goes on a biznezz trip about the same time ........the sneaky bastard .......LOL
Hehe! I was thinking maybe I'll make a woodpile where my bike usually sits, and then stretch a bike cover over it..
Kinda like the old "pillows under the blanket" trick... lol..

Cool! My place is a great stopping point between Cincy and The gap.
So where are you at, dave? I'm not far from Hagerstown, MD.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Thanks Dave. I have some flexability with dates given enough notice and my ever lovin won't have issues. She and I will make another run together!

Old 10-27-2009, 09:41 AM

I'm just south of Nashville in La Vergne, TN.

This is pretty cool that we have a bit of interest. Oh, and you guys planning to build garage decoys, disguises and fake ID's...I love it! I mean, it's kinda harsh that you have to go to that extent to take a week to yourself, but hey, whatever it takes!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nah ......won't be that bad Dave , just have to have it "lined" up well ahead of time.
Just kidding about really.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, my wife wouldn't say nuthin', either. My only problem would be vacation time constraints with family chit. I just have to see how it all works out.
I'm definitely planning on being there, though. I should be able to make it work.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 PM

I think I'm gonna go to Vegas in March, then again in June for the WSOP, so April might be a good month. It's a great time to ride weather-wise...a few showers never hurt anybody, and it won't be too hot. If we narrow it to April (and I know this is a ways off) does anyone have anything on the schedule in April that we need to avoid?

I just figure that the earlier we set the date the better it will be for folks to plan vacation etc.