CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Are there ever get-togethers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cb2cbr
Hey Indy, maybe we can ride together southbound?
Sounds like a good idea. I am a big fan of WLW by the way. Hope that does not bother you. Also let me know what day you want to leave, I will call and get the RSVP for a cabin.

Last edited by Indiana Hurricane; 01-13-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

World League Wrestling or WLW Radio Station ??

Old 01-14-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sprock
World League Wrestling or WLW Radio Station ??
That would be the Radio Station...700WLW

Old 01-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be into joining, would have to check the dates, but what do you guys use for carrying gear? I'm not setup at all, except for a small backpack I'd carry my lunch in to work. Would need rain gear also. I'm about 765 miles. We just vacationed in Gatlinburg last June in our motorhome...very nice area, would like to get back there.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
Sounds like a good idea. I am a big fan of WLW by the way. Hope that does not bother you. Also let me know what day you want to leave, I will call and get the RSVP for a cabin.
I'm flexable on travel days. Thursday 13th or Friday14th. We can PM for info/details later.
Anyone passing thru Cincinnati/Indy and want to join up, that'd be great!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by knagy389us
I'd be into joining, would have to check the dates, but what do you guys use for carrying gear? I'm not setup at all, except for a small backpack I'd carry my lunch in to work. Would need rain gear also. I'm about 765 miles. We just vacationed in Gatlinburg last June in our motorhome...very nice area, would like to get back there.
For a weekend trip you don't need too much gear provided that you're going to stay in a cabin. Rain gear is good of course, and at that time of year you'll want to make sure you're prepared to ride in ~50f temps if needed (probably not needed, but it's cool at night). The campground supplies linens, towels, etc. if you stay in a cabin, so you're good there.

And after I typed that, I saw that you asked how to carry gear, not what to carry

I use a set of Nelson Rigg that I like just fine, and while the model that I have is no longer available, they're very similar to these:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/s...addlebags.html

The one thing I like about mine that these don't have is that mine came with rubber dry bags, rather than rain covers. You just pack the bags, then stuff them into the luggage, and everything stays dry. IMO this is a better setup than rain covers.

If you need more storage, get a rectangular duffel bag and bungee it across the passenger seat over the saddle bags...works great.

One last thing is a tank bag. The large Tourmaster model linked below is the best touring tank bag ever, IMO. It's the most versatile luggage I've ever seen, and it's very durable. This is one bit of gear that I like so much that I'm tempted to buy a spare just in case I ever need another one and they don't make this one any more. Note that the pic on that front page is with all of the bags zipped together...you wouldn't actually use it that way. It's designed so that you cna zip the base onto the big main bag, or on to the smaller aux. bag depending on your needs.

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/t..._tank_bag.html

I've posted this before, but this is what my bike looks like with this setup. I have a trunk as well, but it's not a requirement. My bike was loaded in this pic for a 3,000 mile trip last fall.

Attached Thumbnails Are there ever get-togethers?-cbr_gap_wet_small.jpg  

Last edited by dietDrThunder; 01-15-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Cool

I have my cabin RSVP'ed I called Lori today. I can't wait, I even rode my bike yesterday and put her in the shop. Now I just need them Givi bags to be put back on Ebay.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Week-end pass

I'm there ...............can't wait.

Dragon & Cherohala Skyway Loop...118 miles of

Trout made some arrangements with Lori ........
I believe we number 6 participants at the moment.

Attached Thumbnails Are there ever get-togethers?-dragonloop.jpg  

Last edited by Sprock; 02-02-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:44 AM

Is there ever any UK/Scotland meets. Would be great to get together with some other CBF/F owners?....

Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Sprock
I'm there ...............can't wait.

Dragons Tail & Cherohala Skyway Loop...118 miles of

Trout made some arrangements with Lori ........
I believe we number 6 participants at the moment.
I did that loop with my son last year. The Dragon is tight-n-twisty and the Skyway has super sweepers with great views. Both great roads.
Lets see, we got Sprock, Trout, Indy, Dr Thunder, CB2CBR, plus ?? Maybe Knagy389US. Who am I missin?

I gotta get crackin on my projects, May will be here before we know it.