CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Just spotted this on Fleabay!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shakey
DeanO ... You'll be the first to know matey ... and it doesn't matter WHAT you ride ... all that matters is that you RIDE! .... Nuff said!

Soon!
look forward to it.

Where are you in the north west ?

Do you get to any of the local gatherings :
Rivvy barn on a sundays
Knott end on wednesday
Southport pier on wednesday

Hope we can also get Harry The hamster out too - he's back in the UK now and should have his 1000f up and running again.
He and I did Ace Cafe (London) and back in a day last year - was a good day out on some great roads ( Cat & fiddle, matlock bath etc - almost no motorway )

Last edited by Dean0; 09-02-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dean0
I have seen better than that - at last years motorcycle show at birmingham in the UK.

I watched 4 guys get out of a 4x4 truck - open the trunk - change in to motorcycle leathers, boots etc.

Then walk in to the show carrying helmets and gloves.

I was crying with laughter when the clowns then paid to store their helmets and gloves in the cloak room

What some people will do to "look like" a biker - haha
Thats a classic for sure. For those here that know Phillip Island I have often followed guys with utes and trailers taking bikes out to the big roundabout where you turn right to head onto the Island. Out come the shiny Ducatis and the GSXR 1000's and in they ride with there shiny leathers and knee sliders that have never been scraped on the road. Just a bunch of posers that wouldnt know what it means to jump on a bike, ride it hundreds of km to a race track with like minded friends and enjoy a weekend of racing or a ride to wherever. Nothing worse than a weekend warrior wanna be.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dean0
look forward to it.

Where are you in the north west ?

Do you get to any of the local gatherings :
Rivvy barn on a sundays
Knott end on wednesday
Southport pier on wednesday

Hope we can also get Harry The hamster out too - he's back in the UK now and should have his 1000f up and running again.
He and I did Ace Cafe (London) and back in a day last year - was a good day out on some great roads ( Cat & fiddle, matlock bath etc - almost no motorway )

Hi mate ... I'm just down the road from you in Lytham St Annes. I sometimes go to Rivi on a Sunday ... their Sunday Roasts are great! Also Fylde Bike Meet in St Annes Square on Monday nights sometimes. I've probably seen ya around, and just not known who you were!

See ya soon

Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 PM

Im still up for a ride out & Sundays are best for me too.
Ive not been to many places on the bike YET just Hawes, Devils brige & Hartside mainly. SEE YOU ALL SOON.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by shakey
Hi mate ... I'm just down the road from you in Lytham St Annes. I sometimes go to Rivi on a Sunday ... their Sunday Roasts are great! Also Fylde Bike Meet in St Annes Square on Monday nights sometimes. I've probably seen ya around, and just not known who you were!

See ya soon
Oh yeh - forgot about Lytham ctr meet on mondays, don't tend to get there too often.

Nice chippy on the corner though - haha