CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Just spotted this on Fleabay!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True but they make it easier for someone with a real passion for these things and bikes in general to come along, snap it up and ride it. There's plenty of weekend warriors that buy bikes to have them sit in a shed as a trophy. I have so called riding buddies that do. They only go if its 23 degs C, not windy, no chance of rain, the planets are all aligned and there is a slight chance of a solar eclipse.....etc etc. They usually don't ride past the first white post on the way out of town, turn around take it home, wash it to within an inch of its life and put it away. I went yesterday and we did 630 km which for me is a good day out. I asked several others and they didnt want to go that far. Pussies. As you can tell they drive me mad....lol. They have no passion.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 PM

Yeh Bordo ... Bunch of pussies! haha! ... "Power Ranges ... all the gear and no idea!"

We get loads of 'em at our local Monday meet! ... They ride a couple of miles, once a week to the meet, then stand around posing and pretending to be bikers! Then go home and put it back in the garage till next week! I think it's funny watching 'em! lol

Like ya said ... Ya gotta have passion!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can deal with them being pussies as long as they make all the payments on their bike before it's mine .

It's a "give and take" thing. LOL..

Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Banned

I'm always the one that organises the rides around here. If I didn't know one would ever get out on the road. Anyway they all say yeah yeah I'll see you in the morning at such and such and away we'll go. Until the next morning that is when I get a heap of text messages with some of the most lamest excuses you've ever heard for not wanting to go. I'd rather they just say I don't want to go. Would make it easier for me. One guy has bought all the gear and has been on ONE ride with us. Mind you he loved it. I can't figure out why he wont come out anymore. Anyway I give up tryin to work it out. They can stay home as far as I'm concerned, wear their dresses and knit something.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by shakey
Yeh Bordo ... Bunch of pussies! haha! ... "Power Ranges ... all the gear and no idea!"

We get loads of 'em at our local Monday meet! ... They ride a couple of miles, once a week to the meet, then stand around posing and pretending to be bikers! Then go home and put it back in the garage till next week! I think it's funny watching 'em! lol

Like ya said ... Ya gotta have passion!
I have seen better than that - at last years motorcycle show at birmingham in the UK.

I watched 4 guys get out of a 4x4 truck - open the trunk - change in to motorcycle leathers, boots etc.

Then walk in to the show carrying helmets and gloves.

I was crying with laughter when the clowns then paid to store their helmets and gloves in the cloak room

What some people will do to "look like" a biker - haha

Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dean0
I have seen better than that - at last years motorcycle show at birmingham in the UK.

I watched 4 guys get out of a 4x4 truck - open the trunk - change in to motorcycle leathers, boots etc.

I was crying with laughter when the clowns then paid to store their helmets and gloves in the cloak room

Hahahahaha! Thats brilliant! ... In a very sad way!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bordo
I'm always the one that organises the rides around here. If I didn't know one would ever get out on the road. Anyway they all say yeah yeah I'll see you in the morning at such and such and away we'll go. Until the next morning that is when I get a heap of text messages with some of the most lamest excuses you've ever heard for not wanting to go. I'd rather they just say I don't want to go. Would make it easier for me. One guy has bought all the gear and has been on ONE ride with us. Mind you he loved it. I can't figure out why he wont come out anymore. Anyway I give up tryin to work it out. They can stay home as far as I'm concerned, wear their dresses and knit something.

I know EXACTLY what ya mean matey ... I'm the one that usually organises the ride out for my local group too! ... Ya spend ages planning something new .. get loads of people saying YEH on the forum and then get the excuses the morning after! ... OR ... The other thing that really gets me mad is when ya plan a ride out, turn up on time ... and then one or two try to change the plan because they dont want to go too far! .... Hell that makes me mad! ... Thats why me and KazNav started riding out on our own this year .... Last year we organised at least 20 monumentally good rideouts ... but got fed up with the bitching and moaning from some of the others!

PS .... I'm still going to sort a CBR1000F NW UK rideout before the end of the season tho!

Ever hopefull ....

Old 09-01-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by shakey
PS .... I'm still going to sort a CBR1000F NW UK rideout before the end of the season tho!

Ever hopefull ....
Let me know when ( prefer a sunday ) - as long as not travelling with work - i'm game

Assuming an ex 1000F current blackbird rider is welcome - haha

Old 09-01-2010, 04:39 PM

DeanO ... You'll be the first to know matey ... and it doesn't matter WHAT you ride ... all that matters is that you RIDE! .... Nuff said!

Soon!

Old 09-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, that's great...

Quick Reply: Just spotted this on Fleabay!