CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Henry's new 1000F CCT

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heavenly days Henry, you have had a tough go. Glad you're on the mend and hope it's rapid and complete.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:06 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear you are on the mend, too bad your first doctor wasn't as meticulous as you when it comes to tooling

Old 04-13-2016, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ralf Buschner
Hi all,

there's a guy from Netherlands selling an exact copy of the "HenryM style" CCT mod kit as his own development for about US$ 150 - he published that in the german CBR1000-Forum:WWW.CBR-1000.de

What do you think - does that sound like a fair deal?

Seeya,
dl5mhk
Due to the dodgy link above I've had a dig around and found the correct link.

SKS modifikation set für alle Baujahre!, die funktioniert! aus Holland

There is a pic of the complete unit in the post avatar. Please excuse the translation as it is just cut n paste.

"I have the timing chain tensioner modification set that works!
Fits your own SKS. Cheaper and absolutely better than a new original SKS with chain guide and pins! So no chatter and pinion more and more durable than substitute a new sks. In fact, the engine is running better. Driving for many silent CBR1000F around in the Netherlands. My own CBR1000F has already been 25,000 km on it!
I have a lot of research into the noise of the chain tensioner CBR1000F done. Worldwide, many people have tried without success, the timing chain tensioner adapt by improving the bottom of the oil pressure spring. There is not the problem. The main problem is at the top. The articulating arm of the chain track has too much freedom. see Figure A and D. It is a scalene parallelogram! The lower oil pressure lever is impossible constructively put the entire circuit! At higher RPM, wil point D to the outside coming through the radial force. An error of Honda!
I have a simple but effective modification developed without damage of the SKS own! this takes the slack out of the top two joints A & D. And behold, a rigid and secure and error-free design. In fact, supports the new top spring of lower oil spring! No ambiguous sounds more and doing better timing since the chain attracts a little harder. More dan 40 owners have already taken place in Holland.
Today I make the modification in series to share with other CBR owners.
SKS modification kit will cost me € 125,00. Instructions and parcels to Germany. Only own SKS expand, fit my modifications and reset total and enjoy. The guide can also send an email.
I hope I the German CBR1000F lovers, like I do with my invention happy kan.
Below emails from people with the modification:
1 - I am to leave the next day and it's quiet at the bottom of the engine block. Great. Speed ​​remains calm. Thank you. And maybe someday down the street
2 - Start is really a relief. No rustling noise and other more. After 16 years CBR1000F Finally a quiet block. The choke can down very quickly. Driving and responding awarded.
For further information: edited by admin
I have taken out of this post the contact data.
we want no commercial postings here. when the members interesting dingen (like this) we will answer and solution options with the provider contact discuss (either discount for forum members or Obulus in the forum checkout).
this will be done in the next days.
We will inform ..........."

Old 04-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have just got honda cbr1000f 1988 i have dail on side bike just down on left side do you know whats this for please thanks if you do please email me on martylawson1966@hotmail.co.uk

Old 06-04-2016, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by martycbf
i have just got honda cbr1000f 1988 i have dail on side bike just down on left side do you know whats this for please thanks if you do please email me on martylawson1966@hotmail.co.uk
You are joking right?

I think you're talking about the fuel tap!

Old 10-16-2016, 02:32 AM

Guys, I have one for sale - my manufacture, I will post to anyone in the world. The price is affordable, served me well but I said farewell to my girl and I took it out before the sale...

It is built around kawasaki ratchet tensioner, riveted with proper rivets, it was in the engine for 10k km, it works fine and solves the problems that you guys hate so much...

https://www.olx.pl/oferta/automatycz...5-IDi7lSw.html

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by bc30se
Guys, I have one for sale - my manufacture, I will post to anyone in the world. The price is affordable, served me well but I said farewell to my girl and I took it out before the sale...

It is built around kawasaki ratchet tensioner, riveted with proper rivets, it was in the engine for 10k km, it works fine and solves the problems that you guys hate so much...

https://www.olx.pl/oferta/automatycz...5-IDi7lSw.html

Send me a PM if you are interested.
400PLN - that's around £80 yeah?

Old 10-17-2016, 03:10 AM

Hello

right now, in my country national exchange rate goes as follows...

1eu = 4.1pln -0,55% exchange charge
1gbp = 4.6pln -0,65% exchange charge

https://www.pkobp.pl/waluty/
400pln = 90gbp x 4.6 = 414-0,65% = sth like 410zl - that's it...

but remember in paypal it is still worse.... so you must calculate sth like 90gbp I believe...

+ delivery of course which is around 19gbp as far as I know... thank you...

PS.
I can send it as a letter - it is much cheaper but you cannot make a safe parcel...

but please PM..

thank you

Last edited by bc30se; 10-17-2016 at 03:16 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:46 AM

I still have the tensioner.... I think that at 100EU it is a real bargain....

thank you!!!

Old 11-06-2016, 02:33 AM

Too expensive I think. Surely if you had it in use for 10k then it now owes you nothing. I would think the price should be nearer €50 but I am not interested anyway. Mine is still quiet.

Quick Reply: Henry's new 1000F CCT