CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Henry's new 1000F CCT

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1, too dear for a well used part..... a bargain is about postage cost.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, if you want I can rebadge it and sell it as a new one... I don't see a difference but if you like commercial talk - it can be done... cheaper can only be a manual bolt tensioner:

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/u...on/file-15.jpg

But even this one is not about the postage cost because if you want to make a "new" one, you have to find a used honda tensioner to serve you as a base - you know... I couldn't see them coming to me at the postage price when I was making mine.

However, if you can find them, send them to me, I will make you 10 for the cost of 50bucks right away.... and... please send a few good ratchet tensioners to complete the kit, of course, find the bike that they can be adapted from - go and search, finally.. make such a tensioner using proper riveting knowledge etc.... take your time.. and finally send for the postage price to me, as many as you want... I wouldn't mind selling them for 50bucks then, why not...

I think my offer is good for someone interested in having a silent bike.. I only advertised because I know people here ride hurricanes and it seems they take good care of them. I even contributed here a bit in a few subjects showing the possibility of replacing the alternator chain without the need of dismounting the engine.. I wouldn't ever expect to hear such ridiculous opinions from this site....

But anyway... Thank you for these opinions but the thing with tensioners isn't that simple, they don't grow on trees I am afraid...

Last edited by bc30se; 11-06-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread was to help/show people how to upgrade a tensioner, not to flog them off, there is a section for parts for sale for that.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:53 AM

The section for selling didn't allow me to place my ad - don't know why?? Anyway, I had presented my build somwhere here well before, just at the moment the other guy showed his one based on the Russian LADA. So I have concluded I won't be in a very breach of rules if I dropped here saying - hey guys.. this one is for sale now if you want to get the problem sorted in your beloved?? isn't it a helping offer?

Still, I didn't see anyone objecting while my solution was being presented, after all, this is what we are here for... to help each other one way or another? or perhaps I am getting it wrong Mr Jarvid?

PS. It looks like you are intentionally pushing me to say things I don't really want to say... so from now I will just stay away from you, sometimes people like you just happen...

edit:
please mind that a few pages back you have a guy making a fully commercial offer... then.. how is it in the light of it that I am accused of flogging???? especially when I wanted to sell only one as a form of help me and you.. - I cannot really understand....

Last edited by bc30se; 11-08-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:16 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Being as I started this thread and have been following the updates as they've trickled in over the years, I have to say that I completely concur with bc30se's view.
The whole point of this thread and indeed most others, is to help people try to achieve things that don't necessarily have obvious answers. The CCT on the 1000F has always been it's achilles heel so it's the area which should be of most interest to all of us who still ride them. It's about giving everyone the opportunity to have a sweet sounding power plant and being able to safely maintain it in that condition. The early morning bag of spanners isn't something any of us look forward to.
We should also recognise that not all of us are able to make such a thing with our bare hands and whatever tools we may have. Some people will have a need to purchase the work of others.
Some of the early sellers in this thread were frankly distasteful and had clearly not done enough road testing to be sure of their product.
Can I just ask that the mods are not too heavy handed when someone types a $ sign in a post which is offering to help fellow riders and quite obviously not trying start a commercial empire.
Helping others underpins the very existence of this site. Please keep that principle as the foremost objective.

For the record my modded CCT has about 50K miles on it now. It's been subject of a few tweaks which I haven't posted. The bike is not being ridden so much at the moment as it needs a ton of work doing. I bought an FJR1300 to keep me mobile until I can afford the new shock, seat, blah blah blah, it all adds up.
The CCT will be coming out for close inspection during that work early next year so I'll update my story and thoughts about the longevity of the mod around that time.
Keep smiling guys and gals.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:03 AM

Thank you,

I can understand my offer can sound too expensive for some of us, but please PM me and we will talk what can be done if you are interested, I have only only one and there won't be any more from me, now I realise 10k mileage on it is only an advantage because you know it works..

I must say I don't get too much interest now but I am not in panic because yesterday we got the first snow and most people just keep their bikes under the blanket and don't think about getting them ready for the new season...

Last edited by bc30se; 11-10-2016 at 04:39 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:14 AM

You wouldn't happen to have any technical drawings of the bent rod would you?

Thanks,

Don

Old 03-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Default Availability

Is it still available?
I need one for my cbr...
Thanks.

Originally Posted by bc30se
I still have the tensioner.... I think that at 100EU it is a real bargain....

thank you!!!
Availability

Old 03-12-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by gianni_dude
Is it still available?
I need one for my cbr...
Thanks.

Availability

check this guy out
https://www.facebook.com/Cbr1000f-mo...7216750923732/

he sells a DIY and he can do it for you too.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ingenuity
check this guy out
https://www.facebook.com/Cbr1000f-mo...7216750923732/

he sells a DIY and he can do it for you too.
Thanks. I will contact him.

Quick Reply: Henry's new 1000F CCT