CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Help with CCT - anyone recommend an expert in SW London?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

H,
My family originally came from the Manchester area, but that's going back 300 years.
No I haven't tried the 20W/50 oil change yet. I was considering it but hadn't done enough research into the best oil to go for by the time I needed to change last time so just put in what I know works....... for now anyway. It will be interesting to see what difference it might make. I know others round here have had results in quietening down their CCT's.
Just check the link your posted.
That's not a Cam chain tensioner. Whoever is selling it obviously has researched it correctly. It's actually the alternator chain tensioner and chain and what looks like a cam chain. I've just sent the seller a rocket asking him/her to change the ad description. **** like that isn't clever.
I get up to London occasionally these days but to be honest I'm glad for the time being to steer clear of the city. These country roads are looking after me just fine thanks.
ONe day we'll get together though. Betcha!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
Well H, we all seem a little too busy for our own good, or at least to have time to hang around here.
Glad the oil change has quietened her down a bit. Very good news. I did an oil change a couple of thou miles ago but it didn't do much for my noises...... sadly.
Anyway, if you ever fancy a bit of a get together (and you too shakey) drop me a line and we'll do it.

Shakey, taking the **** out of your accent is not the name of the game at all. It about enjoying the rich diversity of our culture. I happen to think northern accents are beautiful to listen to....... and then there's the sense of humour that goes with them. The world would be so dull if we all sounded the same.

Anyway, I've got a list of things to do on the bike..... must dash!

Now there's a thought .... A UK CBRforum meetup??? Maybe somewhere central ..... National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham, maybe???

I'm game if you are! Maybe we could get some more of the UK lads and lasses involved??? Waddya think???

Old 03-08-2011, 12:57 PM

Shakes,
I've been thinking about this for a couple of days. It would be a fantastic idea.
Id say around mid to end of May would be a nice time.
How many members do we have in the UK? I've never even thought of that.
I'll screw my thinking cap firmly on and see if we can't make something happen.
Good shout.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:08 PM

For the record I've just counted 175 UK forum members.
If 10% want a day out that would be a fair crowd. Any more would be a bonus, and quite a head turner on the roads.
Anyone know of any midlands pubs/hotels that love being invaded by crazy CBR enthusiasts?

Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 PM

YES Uk CBR meet up count me in the 10%, mid to end May is good for me.

maybe Travel lodge to stop at ? not sure.

Would it be worth a new thread with UK title hopefully more UKers will see it.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 PM

Yep!

Old 03-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Well, I'm definately up for it. If the venue is to be the National Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, I can thoroughly recommend it as a venue. I've been there a few times before for meets organised by another club I belong to. The museum is great and the breakfasts in the cafe are out of this world!

http://www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk/

If notified in advance that a fair few will be coming, they will even section off a special area of the car park for us.

I think to maximise this, someone more senior than me here should post this up as a new thread, as this is a National Event. I would be happy to help in arranging the event in any way I can.

EDIT: The National Motorcycle Museum is right next door to the NEC ... so I would think there are plenty of hotels nearby!

Edit 2: I'll give them a ring tomorrow to find out about possible dates mid to end of May (depends on what's already booked I suppose? ) I'll post back up tomorrow and advise of definate available dates (Wednesday). Would we prefer a Saturday or a Sunday meet?

Last edited by shakey; 03-08-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Ive seen the Motorcycle museum on the map before but never been, sounds like a great spot & with a cafe aswell .

Saturday or Sunday for me, see what everyone else wants,

Shakey when you ring about available dates any chance of booking some sunshine too.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dadarob
Ive seen the Motorcycle museum on the map before but never been, sounds like a great spot & with a cafe aswell .

Saturday or Sunday for me, see what everyone else wants,

Shakey when you ring about available dates any chance of booking some sunshine too.

:lol: I'm from Blackpool matey! .... I'll make sure to bring some sunshine with me!

Old 03-09-2011, 02:28 AM

Here's the meet up thread I started last night.
Let's do it.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/cbrf-uk-2011-meet-up-122116/