CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

H I D installed - Need some Help on adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:51 PM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: H I D installed - Need some Help on adjustments

About your question Trips regarding high beam. No, itĀ“s not true. H4 HID bulbs are "Bi-Xenon", they have an extra bulb right beside the xenon bulb in the same socket, cheaper brands use a halogen bulb for high beam, more expensive oneĀ“s have double xenon bulbs.
I have no idea regarding the pin arrangement, we have to wait for Madkawa to answer that. I didnĀ“t even know there was a special pin arrangement for H4 bulbs in our bikes...

Old 02-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mikekop
I have no idea regarding the pin arrangement, we have to wait for Madkawa to answer that. I didnĀ“t even know there was a special pin arrangement for H4 bulbs in our bikes...
Yeah, it's some weird placement of the tabs. The stealer charges, iirc, $27 PER BULB. Or you can go to several online sites, buy the adapter at $7, break off the tabs on any H4 bulb, and use them.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All

Sorry for the late post, went out for usual Sunday ride but unfortunately was held up as someone from out group crashed his VFR. Rider is ok but bike is not.

here is a pic

Name:  P1040389.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  68.0 KB

Mikekop
Paid bout USD 180 (friend sold to me at cost) for the whole kit which includes 2 ballast and two HID lamps. These are made in China. I was worried abou reliability but my friend assured me that he has sold many sets last year or so and had no complaints moreover it comes with a 1yr warranty.
Did only some wiring modification to connect to ballast and did not dismantle any socket. Wiredit directly to the battery with a fuse and relay as the original setup does notdeliver sufficient power. The HID kit is specifically for H4 so it fits perfectly without any modifications. I guess its quite easy to fit back the standard bulbs if I wanna sell the bike.

Trips
this HID kit is made for H4 . which fits perfectly. I guess H4 must be some kind of universal term for automotive bulb "size"
About the High beam issue -This is what I was having difficulty with.As I understand it (correct me if I am wrong), the headlight assembelly consist of two compartments. on the standard setup, if I switch on the low beam, one compartement lits up and if I switch to high beam then the twocompartment both lits up which is a high beam and low beam together. I wanna adjust so both shines a same angle.

Mikekop /Trips
Yup I have a two different bulbs and one is halogen the other is HID. Mine is cheaper kit. My car is installed with "Bi Xenon" and there is very little difference between with high and low beams. So at the moment I wanna use the Halogen as low beam and HID as high beam or Visa Versa..... cant really decide..... perhaps someone can shed some light on it.?

There is no issue on pin arrangement as the existing wires is connected stright to the ballast and then to the Hid bulbs with its own wring/socket.

malbojah
no need to break any tabs - as mentioned just minor modifications to the wiring.

Some pics of my ride today

Name:  P1040403.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  P1040388.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  40.8 KB