CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Bike Security

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chain it to the ground, get one of these alarms, Scorpio | Motorcycle Alarms and than get a wireless ip camera for a decent price off newegg. Boom that is about all you can do. If a thief wants it though they will still get it but this should deter anyone with brains lol.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank folks for the replies, gives me something to think about.

It's not that I'm paranoid or anything but these bikes are soon going to be classics and when that happens people are going to want them.

I'll get it sorted when I get home, probably start with a ground anchor and good chain to start with and will look at an alarm for when I'm out and about.

Thanks again.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chippy211
Thank folks for the replies, gives me something to think about.

It's not that I'm paranoid or anything but these bikes are soon going to be classics and when that happens people are going to want them.

Thanks again.
Interesting thought... IMHO they're already classics, BUT will they ever get to be high-demand "collectibles" that thieves target? Even though the cbr1kf is a great all-around bike that does just about everything well, they're relatively under-the-radar rides that WE love, but aren't highly desirable outside of a relatively small but dedicated ownership community. Prices aren't going up, and other than fairings, thieves wouldn't make a lot selling parts. The Blackbird guys have more to worry about as far as that goes than we do - at least here in the US.

I have an alarm on mine, but that's because we lived in a city neighborhood where we had one car stolen, wheels stolen off another, cars broken into 2-3X, and our downstairs neighbor's apartment vandalized twice. My bike was never targeted, and most of that time it didn't have the alarm. Meanwhile, newer bikes that are left out get hit up all the time.

I'd say if it gives you peace of mind than go for it, but you might find the alarm is more of an inconvenience than anything!

Amac

Old 03-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amac,

I know what you mean. I think these bikes are already classics and one of the most under rated all round bikes ever built and I've ridden my share of monster rides in my time.

I live in what some people call abad area andyet nothing has happened to my cars, bike or house but that might be because of my bad attitude and a baseball bat that I'm not scared to use

I think I will go for the ground anchor and chain for the garage so the wife won't worry about the bike and an alarm for when I'm out and about.